What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bookmarks

DOl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am reading a book and bookmarked a page. I went elsewhere in the book and tried to find a way to get back to the bookmarked page, but could not find a way to do it. How do you find the bookmarked page. I have an ipad retina and have used the search function, but no answer was clear enough. to use.
I am using os 7.1.2

NSquirrel

iPF Novice
Reaction score
In the book, tap the contents button (top left hand; three horizon bars) then select the bookmarks button.

(If all else fails, read the instructions... as I did not know the answer either!)

OP
D

DOl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In the book, tap the contents button (top left hand; three horizon bars) then select the bookmarks button.

(If all else fails, read the instructions... as I did not know the answer either!)

I don't see any bookmarks " button ". You got instructions, I bought a couple of books, but could not find the answer either.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I am reading a book and bookmarked a page. I went elsewhere in the book and tried to find a way to get back to the bookmarked page, but could not find a way to do it. How do you find the bookmarked page. I have an ipad retina and have used the search function, but no answer was clear enough. to use.
I am using os 7.1.2
If you're using iBooks, tap the centre of any page in a book to bring up the controls and follow the instructions in these photos to find a previously bookmarked page.

Edit: these instructions will work if you decide to upgrade to iOS 8. To find previous bookmarks in iOS 7.1.2, the post after this one by Gtatler will work.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:

Gtatler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I assume you are using iBooks ?
b66de99c7f5d2514127b488499828c4d.jpg
In the book tap the icon top left (3 horizontal bars) then, underneath the title of the book you will see 3 buttons, contents, bookmarks and notes. Tat the middle one and then the bookmark to the page you want to read. See attached.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
D

DOl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I assume you are using iBooks ?
b66de99c7f5d2514127b488499828c4d.jpg
In the book tap the icon top left (3 horizontal bars) then, underneath the title of the book you will see 3 buttons, contents, bookmarks and notes. Tat the middle one and then the bookmark to the page you want to read. See attached.

No, I am using a Kindle app so that may be the problem. Thanks anyways.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
In the Kindle app, to find your bookmarks, tap this icon:
image.jpg

and then Filter on the next screen. You'll be able to select Bookmarks.

Gtatler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Even easier. Tap the top of the page then tap the bookmark icon top right. To return to it at a later date tap the top of a page, then tap the third icon from the right. All of your bookmarks will be visible. Choose the one you want.

By the way, you can just close the book and Kindle without bookmarking. The app will remember the book and you last position and will re-open correctly.

OP
D

DOl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Even easier. Tap the top of the page then tap the bookmark icon top right. To return to it at a later date tap the top of a page, then tap the third icon from the right. All of your bookmarks will be visible. Choose the one you want.

By the way, you can just close the book and Kindle without bookmarking. The app will remember the book and you last position and will re-open correctly.

It always remembers where I left off, but this time I book marked the page and went to a different place in the book and could not find my way back to the bookmark and I could not remember the loc number. I did remember the % read and was able to find it though.

NSquirrel

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I am using 8.1.2, so perhaps different, but then iBooks should be the same. One thing I noticed is that PDFs with bookmarks come up differently. They come us as small images of each page and a red bookmark symbol at the top right hand corner of the bookmarked pages.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I am using 8.1.2, so perhaps different, but then iBooks should be the same. One thing I noticed is that PDFs with bookmarks come up differently. They come us as small images of each page and a red bookmark symbol at the top right hand corner of the bookmarked pages.
This is for regular books as well in iOS 8.1.2, see the screenshots in my previous post.

Most reactions