What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bookmarks

DonnieBoston

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Find it confusing using an iPad over. PC, but how do you save bookmarks on an iPad? Thanks!

Gtatler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Find it confusing using an iPad over. PC, but how do you save bookmarks on an iPad? Thanks!
Quite easy. Press the square with an arrow at the top left of the screen (assuming of course you are on IOS7 and using Safari). You then get a scrollable list of things you can select, including bookmarks. Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

OP
DonnieBoston

DonnieBoston

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Quite easy. Press the square with an arrow at the top left of the screen (assuming of course you are on IOS7 and using Safari). You then get a scrollable list of things you can select, including bookmarks. Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF
I saved the page I was viewing as a bookmark, but now I can't find it in the bookmarks? Thanks!

Gtatler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I saved the page I was viewing as a bookmark, but now I can't find it in the bookmarks? Thanks!
It's there, probably under favourites. Make sure you check or change the location when saving.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

OP
DonnieBoston

DonnieBoston

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes I found it. You have to hit the plus sign on the top right using Safari ios7 to find it. I'm kinda new to iPad and already like it a lot. I'm going to have many more questions I'm sure. Thanks for your help.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
That works well if you want to open a new tab with the bookmark. I use it a lot.

If you don't want to create a new tab, or the bookmark is not in the Favorites folder, tap the book icon instead. This has three tabs, bookmarks (book icon again), reading list (glasses), and another list of links from your Twitter account (@) if it's enabled.

If you don't see the bookmarks you want, make sure there isn't a back option at the top left of the list. Depending where you are in the bookmarks folders it can say almost anything. What it does is take you back one level, usually to the top level of your bookmarks. There you will find a Favorites folder which is probably the same bookmarks you saw when creating a new tab. {The favorites folder can be changed in Safari's settings}.

If that's not clear, let me know and I'll send some screen shots, later. Got to head to a live podcast now.

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
That works well if you want to open a new tab with the bookmark. I use it a lot.

If you don't want to create a new tab, or the bookmark is not in the Favorites folder, tap the book icon instead. This has three tabs, bookmarks (book icon again), reading list (glasses), and another list of links from your Twitter account (@) if it's enabled.

If you don't see the bookmarks you want, make sure there isn't a back option at the top left of the list. Depending where you are in the bookmarks folders it can say almost anythin. What it does is take you back one level, usually to the top level of your bookmarks. There you will find a Favorites folder which is probably the same bookmarks you saw when creating a new tab. {The favorites folder can be changed in Safari's settings}.

If that's not clear, let me know and I'll send some screen shots, later. Got to head to a live podcast now.

OMG! Tpoet! Thank you! I had NO idea what the 3rd column was for! Thanks again! Now I can pit all the bookmarks I use frequently or IS A FAVORITE I now now where to put it. My beginners problem was ( without knowing ) creating sub folders that I forgot about. Is editing bookmarks easy to do? Do I just tap on the edit bar and then can I move (remove) the subfolder(s) into a more sensible folder? If this is the case you have another cyberhug coming your way. Considering I am not a pilot I can't just do a hug drop. But knowing you ( as I do i.e.you are definitely a man, as well as a person to respect immensely! )
Hence, I will be using this thread, which I just happened upon, very often, to know what your OP is TPoet because to me it is a very well thought out opinion as well as a very well thought out way of expressing your OP
Thanks my balancing beam of the positive influence and force in this world. I wish I could give you an "Ovation" choice as well as the choice of alike! You would have so many ovations there would have to be some other award for a higher award! Perhaps there are and I just am ignorant of it'! So, I do stumble and bungle thru hoping beyond hope if I have overstepped a moderator will help me to do it right! And they DO! ( A shout out to every moderator, super moderator AND especially to administrator for doing s
n it! I appreciate yourv

Peace begins with a smile. :)
M Teresa

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The third column is brand new with iOS 7. It lists everything (recent) in your Twitter feed that has a link. It can not be edited in Safari. While an interesting feature, I don't use it much. My Twitter app of choice has a built in browser that is almost always good enough for a quick peak at images or for reading the linked article.

Bookmarks themselves can be edited and arranged as you've described, including those in the Favorites folder. Other than looks, this hasn't changed much since iOS 5.

The Reading list is a bit different. All you can do is add and delete items. It's only meant as a temporary place for websites/articles you may want to read later, so the controls are simple and easy to use. In contrast with Bookmark editing which is buried one layer (Edit button) but offers more control and features.

Most reactions

Latest posts