What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bookmarks

Bailey01

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Being a new ipad air owner I am a complete novice to apple so may be asking a lot of questions.my first one is as simple as how can I remove a bookmark on the new Ipad air on safari browser

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, Bailey01! Welcome to iPF!

To remove a bookmark or favorite, tap the book icon at the right, then choose "Edit" at the bottom there:

image-1766349560.jpg

The bookmarks will get a red dot with a minus inside them:

image-2097241664.jpg

Tap the dot of the bookmark you intend to remove, to see this:

image-1247220805.jpg

Tap "Delete". When you don't want to remove bookmarks/favorites any more, tap "Done".

OP
B

Bailey01

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks JA but the pics you are showing are the reading list on my Ipad Air the bookmarks open when I press the + button top right of my ipad. It then opens a favourite page and looks nothing like your window that opens,hope you understand me?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
When you tap the + button, your favorites will appear. You can't delete them by pressing and holding them, like you would remove an app. My screenshot was definitely showing my favorites. To edit Bookmarks or Favorites, you have to tap this icon:

image-199487627.jpg

OP
B

Bailey01

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's ok JA, ive found it now thanks for your help much appreciated

Most reactions