What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bookmarks on launcher pages

Ipad Now

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Will apple ever make it so we can upload our own picture to the bookmarks so that it will make the launcher pages look clean?

As it is now when I put a web link on there it doesn't look as nice.

Thanks

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't know about Apple making it so bookmarks on the homepage are prettier, but there are several apps that allow you to use your own picture as an icon. The one I like (and use) is called "Touch Icon Creator" ($.99, USD). With it, you can use any picture to make a nice-looking icon on your homescreen for your bookmarks.

It also allows you to set up shortcuts for e-mail addresses, texts (and phone numbers on the iPhone).

Maybe it's something you can use (again, there are other, similar apps in the AppStore)?

Marilyn

OP
Ipad Now

Ipad Now

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I put all my weather apps under one tile. Can I change that to a picture I want?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you mean you've put them into a folder (?) - then, no, I'm afraid you are "stuck" with how Apple makes folders appear. Unless you jail break, then you can make folders appear how you wish. :)

I'm sorry, but the only thing this app does (or any of the others) is change the appearance of one bookmark. You can't make a collection of them appear as anything other than the black box on a stock iPad. Sorry.

Marilyn

OP
Ipad Now

Ipad Now

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If you mean you've put them into a folder (?) - then, no, I'm afraid you are "stuck" with how Apple makes folders appear. Unless you jail break, then you can make folders appear how you wish. :)

I'm sorry, but the only thing this app does (or any of the others) is change the appearance of one bookmark. You can't make a collection of them appear as anything other than the black box on a stock iPad. Sorry.

Marilyn

Yes that's what I meant. You've answered it for me. Thanks!
Maybe in a future update Apple will make it so we can edit it.

Most reactions

Latest posts