What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bookmark icon

status

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, is it possible to change the picture/icon which is automatically set up when you send a bookmark to the desktop. I want to have my own company logo on the shortcut, rather than the min front page.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Absolutely!

First thing you want to do is download "Touch Icon" from the App Store ($0.99 USD). Then, find a good picture of your logo and have it saved in your Photo app. A good size is about 100 x 100 pixels, plus or minus (you may have to experiment).

Open the app and press "URL," then fill in all the fields (name is what you want to have the icon on your springboard named).

You'll see a box with a gray head in it. Press it and you'll be taken to select a photo from your Photos app. Pick your logo and after you finish filling out the URL, press "Create."

The app will open Safari and then prompt you to save to the homescreen. Once you do that, ta da! All done.

The only caveat is that you'll need to keep this app on your iPad, cause removing it will break the link.

Hope that helps. Good luck.

Marilyn

P.S. Oh, and note that you can do this for any bookmark you wish to save/create. I have many bookmarks and this method makes them look as if they are stock icons. Me likes...

Last edited:
OP
S

status

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Great! Many thanks for the help. I will give it a try.

OP
S

status

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Brilliant thanks Marilyn it wired!!! Geoff

OP
S

status

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Blooming spell check - worked not wired!

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Glad to hear it worked - congrats.

I was also trying to think of something funny to say about spell check ... but I got nothing. Just know you have my sympathies! ;)

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts