What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

bookmark apps for later?

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
Hi guys.

i'm searching through the App Store on my new ipad 2. very nice indeed :)

theres a ton of apps i'm buying, and a ton that i'm reviewing and are popping up in my general app browsing that are really taking my fancy.

can i somehow 'save' or bookmark these apps for future consideration or download?

Reaction score
You can't bookmark apps from within the AppStore directly.

You would have to keep track of the bought apps in a separate list, either in notes, or if you use AppShopper, you could mark all bought apps as Own It. Then when you actually download it, unmarked it from AppShopper and you always have a list of apps you own, but have not yet downloaded.

If you just like some, without having bought it yet, mark them as Want It in AppShopper, it will even notify you, when one of the apps drops in price.

To make this work, I would suggest you browse the appStore from within AppShopper, as it lists all the same apps, when you decide to buy one, select Buy it and it takes you straight to the AppStore.

Last edited:

muglich

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bookmark apps for later

I either take a picture of it or click the share with a friend in the top right corner of the screen and email it to myself.

Sendbeer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is a separate app that will do this for you. Search for appshopper. Has every app on the appstore and you can see history of changes in price and updates. Click the "Want it" button and it adds the app to your wish list and will even notify you if there is a sale on the app.

iPad 2 is cool

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There are a number of app locators out there, these range from the traditional apple app store (not to badly laid out), appeasy (nice search facilities), appstart (great for the newcomer, but quite limited overall), but I agree that the best is the appshopper, this allows you to keep right up to date, I check it once to twice per day for the latest releases (can you believe the huge number of apps created daily). hope this helps you newcomers to the iPad.

Most reactions

Latest posts