What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bookcase wallpapers that "work"?

MonoJoker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all,
Recently I found a few really cool looking wallpapers that emulate a bookshelf where your app icons line up with the shelves and they have a small "plaque" for the app name. Only problem is, despite being 1024 x 768 resolution only the top row of icons lines up with the background. Does anyone know of such wallpapers that line up perfectly? See below for image links to better show what I'm on about :)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/28999380@N04/5736158385/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/28999380@N04/5736707818

Thanks.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Bookcase wallpapers are essentially an iPhone phenomenon. You can't get them to work with 100% perfection on the iPad becasue the iPad is designed to rotate the springboard (the iPhone does not by default).

It's my experience that the best way to get a good result is use a jailbreak app such as Iconoclasm, which can redistribute your springboard icons in different configurations. Even then you will likley be stuck with something which will work well in one orientation, but not the other.

Hope that helps.

OP
M

MonoJoker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah I know what you're saying but the rotation doesn't phase me, more the fact if it's a set resolution why the backgrounds I linked with pics don't fit. They all seem just a little bit "out" compared to the actual icon placement. I guess I'll just mess about resizing the images until I get the fit as I think they look pretty cool as iPad wallpaper so worth the effort :)

Cheers.

AJTaliesen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Pimp your screen app comes with a couple. They still don't rotate correctly, for reasons already listed, but they do offer different versions for portrait or landscape, whichever your preference.

Think it's a paid app though. Something like 99cents.

Reaction score
Pimp your screen app comes with a couple. They still don't rotate correctly, for reasons already listed, but they do offer different versions for portrait or landscape, whichever your preference.

Think it's a paid app though. Something like 99cents.

Yup .99
Basically what it does is take a screen shot of what you choose and then you use it as your wallpaper from your saved photos album. It has more than just shelves and can even make the lock screen have more on it than just a lock

Support Our Troops!
This post was Tapatalk approved
Sent from wherever I'm at right now via my Apple tablet

L7WEENIE

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the pimp my screen app and have no complaints. I typically use my iPad in landscape, so I just lock the rotation and enjoy. I think it was well worth the .99 cents if you ask me.

Most reactions

Latest posts