What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Book automatically duplicates itself

Yiqing gong

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got a problem here!!!!!

I downloaded a free ebook called divergent in ibook. But the book started to duplicate itself automatically and I couldn't delete it!!!

Anyone got a clue of what is happening?

OP
Y

Yiqing gong

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here's the picture

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 203

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, welcome to iPF!

I don't know why this is happening, but I had this problem recently. I deleted the iBooks app and reinstalled it. That solved the issue. Maybe it will help you as well.

Caution: if there are any pdf files or ebooks not downloaded from iBooks Store, they will disappear when you remove the app.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The screen shot shows one of the copies in the processor f downloading, and the other's e with the cloud symbol, meaning they are available for download (not actually downloading).

I would wait to see if I can get the one book to download. You might want to restart the iPad and tap that one book again.

Once the book downloads I give it at least a 50% chance of un-listing the others as available for download.

OP
Y

Yiqing gong

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow thank you guys for the solutions. I reinstalled ibook and the problem got solved!!! And I didn't lose any of my pdf files.

:)

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Wow thank you guys for the solutions. I reinstalled ibook and the problem got solved!!! And I didn't lose any of my pdf files.

That's great to hear. Thanks for letting us know, it may help the next person with your problem.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

You were lucky. :) My pdf files disappeared. But I was aware that this could happen. :)

Most reactions

Latest posts