What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bonjour

Topicel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all, just signing up to the forum as I've finally managed to get my iPad2 to work after a few weeks of downloading itunes issues (Windows XP related). But I'm now looking forward to experiencing its many apps with relish!

My location is Haute Garonne in sw France, near to the Pyrenees and I needed to set up the itunes with my French address but it has consequently given me a French flavoured itunes and istore presentation. My French can handle it, but I'd rather it was in English - anyone know how to change it? I've altered things on the PC but I'm not sure how it can be done on the iPad. Things like the free books are obviously being offered in French...doh.

Short of setting up the whole thing with a UK address and reloading, there must be a way to get the iPad to recognise English within the itunes/istore apps? I hope so.

Topicel

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

I think the only way forward is to open up another account with the UK iTunes Store - but you don't need a credit card to do this, you can open up an iTunes account with a gift card.

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

Please read the rules too!!

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Tim
Scotland

OP
T

Topicel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Language Setting Resolved!

Hi Tim, and thanks for the warm welcome. After considering your advice to set up another itunes account based in the UK I decided to investigate within the iPad itself that was displaying both itunes and istore apps in French.

Scrolling down in itunes I stumbled upon the three tabs showing my account, another titled redeem and the third 'support'. Tapping account and then 'view account' upon entering your password I was confronted with my French address and payment details. Within that it had the option to simply 'Change Country or Region'!

It was relatively painless and, hey presto, both i-tunes and i-store no longer have French tabs or product to buy. I now go through the UK i-store I guess. In effect, after also changing payment and address details, it was a doddle.

I thought I'd share this here; hope it's ok. Thanks for the suggestion that led me to the solution.

Topicel

Most reactions