What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bonjour and greetings from France.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LinguisticsGod

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My name is Foulques Jean-Marie d'Orléans. I'm receiving my iPad2 device nouveau tomorrow and I wanted to ask for two things, as I do not master or/nor claim to be adroit in such ventures of technology.
Any assistance including applications, games, and tools such as Word will vastly be appreciated.
Also, I would like the proprietor of this wonderful forum to contact me in private and change my status (which is now New Member) to Jean-Marie of Orleans or Jean-Marie, etc.

Merci and thank you,

Prince Faulques

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

Please read the rules too!!

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Tim
Scotland

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello Prince Foulques-welcome to this fine forum!! By now you probably have your ipad2 and beginning to play around with! It is an incredible device that you will find use for everyday! Regarding your request for apps, I can share a few good ones I use. I read a lot of research articles in PDF style which I like to highlight. Goodreader is excellent for that-to highlight, add notes and than save or share with others. Another app I use quite a bit is Dropbox-which you put on your PC and your iPad. You can drop pictures, documents etc and it automatically syncs to each device which has this app. You can also share pictures with others that do not have Dropbox, by using a public link. It is a wonderful app and easy to use. It sounds like you travel quite a bit...perhaps these apps may get you started.

By the way, look at keynote (for PowerPoint),pages, and numbers. These apps are similar to what you may be familiar with Microsoft office, but not as powerful. Good luck and enjoy.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Glad to help, Prince Folques Jean Marie! I hope that you will be find the apps that work best for your profession, duties and responsibilites! You will find that everybody here is extremely helpful-you will learn so much!! Enjoy your device "nouveau" !

Thank you-and Welcome again! :)

stchamb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Your ID is very interesting because my 23rd great grandfather was Fouiques V (born abt 1089-died 1143), Count of Anjou and King of Jerusalem. He was married to Ermengarde du Maine and was the father of Geoffrey V Plantagenet.

OP
L

LinguisticsGod

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The anglevines, the anjous, are scions of my ancestral origins, the Capétiennes. I do not relate or consider myself Anglevine, I am a direct Capetian from the house of Bourbon.
If you speak veraciously then you are a scion, as well, of a very renowned family, and you are scions to the Capets as well. Your family were the rulers of Poland, I think, Sicility, and Israel.
René the second was the duc dLorraine, and one of my grand ancestral grandparents was a brother to one of his sisters.
This is, however, not the domain to discuss my origins.

And when you address me, pourtant this is a virtual forum, please add a title to the enclosure.

stchamb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Another venue?

Dear Prince,

I believe my lineage descends from Geoffrey's bastard son, Hamelin (1129-1202), who became the Earl V of Surrey in England by marrying Isabella de Warenne. He was prominent in the courts of the Angevin kings of England, Henry II, Richard I and John.

Please suggest a different venue if you would like further genealogical discussion.

You may remember the old song "They often call me Speedo but my real name is Mister Earl".

Chays

iPF Noob
Reaction score
LinguisticsGod said:
My name is Foulques Jean-Marie d'Orléans. I'm receiving my iPad2 device nouveau tomorrow and I wanted to ask for two things, as I do not master or/nor claim to be adroit in such ventures of technology.
Any assistance including applications, games, and tools such as Word will vastly be appreciated.
Also, I would like the proprietor of this wonderful forum to contact me in private and change my status (which is now New Member) to Jean-Marie of Orleans or Jean-Marie, etc.

Merci and thank you,

Prince Faulques

Welcome to ipf,

I hope you find this forum as informative and addictive as I do!
You will find that there are many members with a great knowledge base, waiting to help you with any issue you might have.

# Don't forget to use the search function, as there is a lot of issues already resolved here.
# If you haven't already, download the user manual for free at: http://support.apple.com/manuals/#ipad
# Also, feel free to have a look at this thread, it gives great tips and tricks for new users: http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-general-discussions/21590-tips-tricks-those-us-who-dont-know.html
# Ensure you take time to familiarize yourself with the forum rules at: http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Now that you are here you will never want to leave, so have the time of your life. :)

Regards,
Chays

AdmiralAdama

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Near the Ionian Nebula, still searching for Earth
Greetings from the House of Adama.

We are proud dirt farmers from Tauron.
Hard work and necessary thuggery enabled us to rise to a higher caste on
Caprica. We are leaders of the military industrial complex of the 12 Colonies.

Welcome to the HUB. But beware the machines.

So say we all.

AA

OP
L

LinguisticsGod

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My father told me that the duchy of your family were patroned by my family. Louis XI took the duchy from the Anjou line but was inclined to return it.I will contact you tomorrow as Iam occupied with studies.The Anjous were, like my own ancestral blood, deprived of ascending to the throne. My grandfather is a direct decendent of Louis Phil, King of France and so is the legimate contendeur.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts