What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blurry Pictures

mwhoody

iPF Novice
Reaction score
On my wife's ipad2 Photo Gallery a lot of the pictures are blurry.
It's weird because some of them are clear the way they should be, while a whole bunch are blurry.
Why is that?
I rebooted her ipad but that didn't solve the problem.
Thank you

sammy_boy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does it depend on where the pictures were taken? Ones taken indoors and/or in low light could be more blurry as keeping the iPad still for longer exposures could lead to problems.

The camera on the iPad 2 isn't very good either, less than a megapixel I believe (someone correct me if I'm wrong) - also if any digital zoom is used that would further degrade the image quality.

OP
mwhoody

mwhoody

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Oh sorry, I guess I should have explained it a bit better.
These are all pictures that were loaded in through iTunes.
Plus - all these blurry pictures were all clear as a whistle before. In fact all the pictures were very clear. Now half of them are blurry.
Also they seem to be blurry in certain categories. Very weird... And some categories are crystal clear. And all were very clear before.
When I say blurry - I mean, blurry

OP
mwhoody

mwhoody

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I don't understand what happened.
The last time my wife says she looked at the pictures they were all fine.
So today she tried to send me a blurry trail picture. It came to my computer but it was only 1" x 1".
Then she sent me a clear trail picture and it came to my computer approx 4" x 6"
So I'm kind of assuming that the blurry pictures dropped their resolution - but how would that possible?
And like I said some are fine and some are blurry.

sammy_boy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm at a bit of a loss as to why this has happened, so it's pictures transferred to the iPad which are sometimes blurry? Could it be a setting on iTunes or the iPad converting some pics to such a low resolution they look blurred at full screen?

OP
mwhoody

mwhoody

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yeah I'm at a loss here also. I tried to see if there is anything in the settings but, was unable to find anything.
The thing is that when they were loaded in they were all fine. It seems like all this happened just a while ago. And as I said only a certain amount of the pictures have gone this way. The rest are all fine.
The ipad is not a real heavy used tablet - my wife uses it mainly for reading books. So it's not as though it's corrupted.
I did a reset on it, thinking that would clear things up - no, it didn't
Hard to figure this one out.
I'm thinking about factory default here but, oh wow, so much work. Especially all the books and settings and all - oh, I got a headache haha

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If you've performed a sync recently, and the pictures have been changed in the folder on the computer that you sync with, then those changes would be reflected on the iPad.

OP
mwhoody

mwhoody

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I see what you're saying but I didn't alter, move or anything in the computer picture folders. If I go ahead and do a factory default - can I somehow save the camera roll pictures?

Most reactions

Latest posts