What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bluetooth Keyboard with multiple ipads

Tom March

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My wife had an iPad 1 and I have an iPad 2.

Can we share the same wireless keyboard (not at the same time, of course)

Reaction score
I can speak for the Zagg mate. It only pairs with 1 device. To use a second device you have to do a pair
I would look and see on a keyboard are interested in if it supports multi pair, not multi point. Multi pair is paired to more than one device but only connects one at a time . Multi point , mostly on bluetooth earpieces, is paired to multiple devices and connected to at least 2 at a time.
Paired is when one bluetooth device remembers another, whether connected or not.

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from an Incredible phone

webjoe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the same exact situation with multiple ipads but only want one keyboard to not clutter up my desk. I have an iPad mini, Macbook and my girlfriend has an Ipad 1. I just ordered the Logitech Solar Keyboard that lets you pair multiple devices to one keyboard and lets you switch by clicking a function key. Once my keyboard ships, I'll post an update to see how it works.

Here's the link on Amazon: Amazon.com: Logitech Wireless Solar Keyboard K760 for Mac/iPad/iPhone (920-003884): Computers & Accessories

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
webjoe said:
I have the same exact situation with multiple ipads but only want one keyboard to not clutter up my desk. I have an iPad mini, Macbook and my girlfriend has an Ipad 1. I just ordered the Logitech Solar Keyboard that lets you pair multiple devices to one keyboard and lets you switch by clicking a function key. Once my keyboard ships, I'll post an update to see how it works.

Here's the link on Amazon: Amazon.com: Logitech Wireless Solar Keyboard K760 for Mac/iPad/iPhone (920-003884): Computers & Accessories

This is the one I saw in BestBuy a few weeks go. Looks good, and switches between 3 devices. I was tempted, but already have the Apple BT keyboard.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions