What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bluetooth keyboard..quickly switching back to screen keyboard..how to?

Hcm17

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought an Apple Bluetooth keyboard, and it works well with my ipad2. But, how do i go back to using the onscreen keyboard without having to go back into settings to turn the Bluetooth off?

Thanks people!

Last edited:

biobunny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't know how to fix your problem and I'm terribly sorry. Either way, welcome to the forums and hope you have enjoyed your iPad!!

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought an Apple Bluetooth keyboard, and it works well with my ipad2. But, how do i go back to using the onscreen keyboard without having to go back into settings to turn the Bluetooth off?

Thanks people!

I have the iGo Stowaway folding Bluetooth keyboard and have the same problem. The iGo goes into sleep mode automatically after a couple of minutes to conserve battery life and then, next time you want to type, the on-screen keyboard comes up. If you then start to type on the iGo, the on-screen keyboard goes away.

But some times you just want the on-screen keyboard - because certain characters are there that are not included on the iGo - and the only way to 'recover' the on-screen keyboard is either to wait (have a cup of coffee!) or fold up the iGo, which forces it to switch off.

Since the iGo doesn't have an on/off switch I've not found a way to quickly force the on-screen keyboard back onto the screen and I'd certainly be interested too if someone else has an easy workaround. But, unfortunately, I suspect there simply isn't one.

Tim
Scotland

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh - oh - oh - I was so excited about posting on the Bluetooth keyboard I forgot to welcome you to the Forum....

Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free from

http://manuals.info.apple.com/en_US/...User_Guide.pdf

Also the iPad2 manual is available at http://manuals.info.apple.com/en_US/ipad_2_user_guide.pdf

It’s free too.

Tim
Scotland

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hcm17 said:

Thanks people!

As it's the Apple BT keyboard you should be able to turn the keyboard off so that the on-screen one comes up.

The Archangel

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score

Thanks people!

Saint's preserve us, I can't believe it's taken this long for someone to answer! Top row of keys, rightmost key, is the keyboard eject button. Press that and the on-screen keyboard returns.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
epb said:
Saint's preserve us, I can't believe it's taken this long for someone to answer! Top row of keys, rightmost key, is the keyboard eject button. Press that and the on-screen keyboard returns.

Oh my, how stupid do I feel, I've got the very same keyboard and never considered pressing the eject button as on my Mac's it ejects a DVD/CD from the optical drive.......I must learn to press buttons regularly even if I don't know what they do!

The Archangel

OP
H

Hcm17

iPF Noob
Reaction score
epb said:

Thank you soooooooo much. I appreciate your help'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
H

Hcm17

iPF Noob
Reaction score
biobunny said:
I don't know how to fix your problem and I'm terribly sorry. Either way, welcome to the forums and hope you have enjoyed your iPad!!

Thank you :)

Somerled

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.deckyon.com
There is also a button combination on the ZaggMate keyboard for the same purpose.

Hold down the Control key and hit F3 - it will immediately pop the on-screen keyboard up. However, rather than disconnecting the BT keyboard, it just pops up the on-screen one. The BT keyboard still remains active and useable.

kobboj

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Found this thread while searching for my still unanswered problem. See i use a keyboard a lot with my iPad. Often i go in to a meeting where my keayboards bluetooth (lying on my office desktop) still is connected. I would lilke to press the eject button on the iPad. I stead of having to turn of the bluetooth. Same problem, lying on coach or bed etc. Are there anyway to do that or do you have to have the keyboard?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry, but my,experience with a Bluetooth keyboard (the Apple one) shows me that you'll have to turn off the Bluetooth on the iPad when the keyboard is not available to "give" keyboard input back to the iPad. As far as I can tell, if you don't push the button on the keyboard, that's the only way to disconnect the two.

Marilyn

P.S. While I couldn't help you in this regard - let me take the opportunity to welcome you to the forum. It's good to "see" you and I hope you enjoy your visits.

Most reactions

Latest posts