What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bluetooth Keyboard Case

explosions

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys, first post.
I'm getting an iPad next week and I already know that I'm going to want to get a keyboard case.
I've heard the Zagg one is good, but I don't like that kind; I want a folio one.

I've been researching a lot and I keep seeing good and bad about them all.
What do you all recommend?

Thanks.

txdave13

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've got the Case\Keyboard from Gembox. I got it for Christmas and have used it quite a bit over the last few days. I can't compare it to any other bluetooth keyboard as this is the only one that I have used, but I've been impressed overall. The only drawbacks that I have run into are the position of the quotation mark key (it is down and to the right of the space bar) and that it sometimes takes the iPad a keystroke or two to recognize that you are typing something.

I do like having the numbers so close at hand and not having to switch between key boards. Also, there is a "home button" on the keyboard. That makes it easy to multitask.

Some things are just strange and neither bad nor good. The keyboard seems to follow the PC layout in that there are function keys (f1, f2, etc.) also, the control, alt, and command keys are there, but don't do anything. Finally, there are arrow keys, but they do nothing. Perhaps these are used in apps I haven't used yet.

Pretty happy with it.

OP
E

explosions

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've got the Case\Keyboard from Gembox. I got it for Christmas and have used it quite a bit over the last few days. I can't compare it to any other bluetooth keyboard as this is the only one that I have used, but I've been impressed overall. The only drawbacks that I have run into are the position of the quotation mark key (it is down and to the right of the space bar) and that it sometimes takes the iPad a keystroke or two to recognize that you are typing something.

I do like having the numbers so close at hand and not having to switch between key boards. Also, there is a "home button" on the keyboard. That makes it easy to multitask.

Some things are just strange and neither bad nor good. The keyboard seems to follow the PC layout in that there are function keys (f1, f2, etc.) also, the control, alt, and command keys are there, but don't do anything. Finally, there are arrow keys, but they do nothing. Perhaps these are used in apps I haven't used yet.

Pretty happy with it.

Thanks for the reply.
Yeah, that is one I had been looking at. On Amazon, it says the shipping weight is 2lb. Is it really that heavy?? How much weight does it add?
I have been also looking at the Kensington KeyFolio. It won't let me link because of my post count, but just search "Kensington KeyFolio Bluetooth Keyboard and Case for iPad" on Amazon.

iPadUser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/iSound+...rown/1549073.p?id=1218268353290&skuId=1549073

-The link should be working at the moment but if you just copy and paste that it should work if all else fails.

I like the Zaggmate but I guess if you don't like it I found this. Looks like it is a portfolio with a slot that can carry the Wireless Apple keyboard. So you would have to buy both to make it functional, I don't know much about this case but looks to be one maybe would work for your situation? Then the Kensington one that you brought up but I have no clue what that is. Just saw that it has Portfolio and Keyboard in the title. I will try to look at the two more and see what I can find.

Here is the link for the other Keyfolio case- http://us.kensington.com/html/17835.html

Last edited:

txdave13

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Regarding the weight of the Gembox, I don't notice any added weight.There is added bulk. If I'm on the train, I can't just fold the cover back like I can with my other case.

Oh, and I just noticed that I can use the arrow keys to move the cursor within text. Easier than using your finger.

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I received eGear's iBluPad leather case with wireless BT keyboard for Christmas, which can pair to either an iPad or iPhone (4.2 installed). Comes with a built-in lithium battery supposedly good for up to 80 hours. I like the soft-touch silicon-feel keyboard, although I haven't really used it for any extended periods of typing yet.

eGear_iBluPad.jpg

eGear Introduces iBluPad Bluetooth Keyboard for iPad - HardwareZone.com

Hal05154

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm not using a keyboard in a case. I'm using the wireless bluetooth keyboard, which is great. Lots of flexibility, being able to move the board. I bought a messenger bag to carry both iPad, keyboard & textbook. I even held on to the original keyboard box to give it a little extra protection.

Something different...

Martaw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm looking to replace the (lost) wall charger for the Gembox bluetooth keyboard, as a gift for someone (who lost it), but am having a devil of a time finding anywhere to get one.

Anyone here know if it takes a universal wall charger and if so what style?

Thanks!

Most reactions

Latest posts