What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bluetooth issue

sandoz64

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, i have a problem with bluetooth. I got some plantronics go 2 bt earbuds. Iphone connected, no probs. but the ipad mini cant find them. Looking into it further i see that the ipad mini does not find my iphone 4 either. Also my ihpone 4 cant find my wifes iphone 4s or her ipad mini. My mini doesnt find her devices either. Her mini doesnt find either of my devices either. I tried closing all apps and powering all devices down but still no success. Any ideas?

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, i have a problem with bluetooth. I got some plantronics go 2 bt earbuds. Iphone connected, no probs. but the ipad mini cant find them. Looking into it further i see that the ipad mini does not find my iphone 4 either. Also my ihpone 4 cant find my wifes iphone 4s or her ipad mini. My mini doesnt find her devices either. Her mini doesnt find either of my devices either. I tried closing all apps and powering all devices down but still no success. Any ideas?

Are the headphones still connected to the phone when you try to connect them to the Mini? More likely than not, they are and you can't pair the headphones to two devices at once. You'll have to unpair them from the phone and then you should be able to see them from the Mini.

Bluetooth on an iDevice is just so you can connect peripherals such as headphones, speakers and keyboards; you cannot connect to another device by just using Bluetooth. Some apps will allow you to use Bluetooth to transfer data and such, but that's only within the app. You can't pair an iDevice to another by just turning on Bluetooth and looking for the device (in Settings).

Hope this clarifies.

Marilyn

OP
S

sandoz64

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Marylin, i tried that but the ipad still doesnt find any bluetooth devices. The earbuds can connect to 8 different devices without unpairing.

Any other ideas?

OP
S

sandoz64

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Got it sorted. Lesson 1: read instructions properly!

OP
S

sandoz64

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The earbuds must be switched off when beginning pairing. Make device discoverable then push the connect button and hold until "pairing" is heard. Then connects and has an 8 device memory. Not entirely sure about the sound quality of these bluetooth headphones. Getting some distortion even at lowish levels. No bluetooth drop outs though and i can leave the ipad upstairs and still listen downstairs.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The earbuds must be switched off when beginning pairing. Make device discoverable then push the connect button and hold until "pairing" is heard. Then connects and has an 8 device memory. Not entirely sure about the sound quality of these bluetooth headphones. Getting some distortion even at lowish levels. No bluetooth drop outs though and i can leave the ipad upstairs and still listen downstairs.

Thanks for the explanation - putting these BT devices into 'discoverable' mode can be tricky @ times - I own a BT keyboard (Apple for on the road use), headphones (Rocketfish), & external travel speakers (Monster) - of the three, the external speakers can be a pain (needs similar attention to what you describe above - directions do indeed help!). Dave :)

731918.jpg41AYlbOWxJL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Most reactions

Latest posts