What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bluetooth file sharing to and from pc

bluezstallion

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How can I transfer my files to and from pc and also phones other than iPhone... Pls suggest sme help... It will be highly appreciable

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
How can I transfer my files to and from pc and also phones other than iPhone... Pls suggest sme help... It will be highly appreciable

Hi Bluezstallion - welcome to the forum! :)

What types of files are you wanting to transfer (e.g. photos, music, PDFs, et al)? Do you want to perform this transfer cabled or with a 'wireless' option? Bluetooth (BT) is included in your thread title but is not a choice for 'file' transfer - wireless BT is used for keyboards, headphones, or external speakers (all three having BT capability), unless something 'new' has appeared on the market for the 'stock' iPad.

OP
bluezstallion

bluezstallion

iPF Noob
Reaction score
giradman said:
Hi Bluezstallion - welcome to the forum! :)

What types of files are you wanting to transfer (e.g. photos, music, PDFs, et al)? Do you want to perform this transfer cabled or with a 'wireless' option? Bluetooth (BT) is included in your thread title but is not a choice for 'file' transfer - wireless BT is used for keyboards, headphones, or external speakers (all three having BT capability), unless something 'new' has appeared on the market for the 'stock' iPad.

Hey thanx a lot, tell me is there any way I can share music, PDF, etc via wireless option only to and from Microsoft windows

BocataDeChoped

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I suggest you to buy Goodreader from the AppStore. It allows you to transfer files file over SAMBA so the only thing you'll need to do is to share a folder in your PC and you're good.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hey thanx a lot, tell me is there any way I can share music, PDF, etc via wireless option only to and from Microsoft windows

Well, there are a number of 'cloud' options - I'll just mention one that I use (others may 'chime in' w/ their preferences) - Dropbox (click name) is a free service for up to 5 GB of data storage; there is an app for the iPad and the program can be downloaded to your computer(s), whether a PC or a Mac. A website is available w/ a login option - files (I have music, photos, PDFs, text and other types on their server) can be managed there; also, the files are synced from their server to your various devices - if this sounds like a potential solution for you, then give Dropbox a try - good luck! :)

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Does it also allow transfer of .mp3 &.wav files ? And since we are talking about a Blurtooth I would imagine it is all wireless transfer right ?

Hi Magnito - concerning your music files, you might want to provide some more information, e.g. do you want to transfer the audio files from your computer to an iDevice (or the other way) or do you have additional goals?

Bluetooth (BT) is a wireless technology running on the 2.4 GHz radio band - it is a 'short range' protocol for establishing a PAN (personal area network), and as I mentioned in my previous posts has specific uses - regarding music, I own a set of portable headphones & a soundbar for my HDTV - both of these are BT compatible and once paired I can play music from my iPod or iPod to either of these speakers - a BT keyboard is another useful option.

magnito

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Magnito - concerning your music files, you might want to provide some more information, e.g. do you want to transfer the audio files from your computer to an iDevice (or the other way).

Yep, I am looking forward to something where by I can transfer Music files from my PC to iDevice and also from other Non iDevice like other Mobile Phones to my iDevice.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Whilst I realise that this thread is specifically about Bluetooth can I suggest that a NAS drive might be worth looking into, not only can you transfer files locally you can also do it remotely.

The Archangel

banokmichaei

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It allows you to transfer files file over SAMBA so the only thing you'll need to do is to share a folder in your PC

Most reactions

Latest posts