1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Bluetooth file sharing to and from pc

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by bluezstallion, Nov 27, 2012.

1. bluezstallion

bluezstallion iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    How can I transfer my files to and from pc and also phones other than iPhone... Pls suggest sme help... It will be highly appreciable
  2. AQ_OC

AQ_OC Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +430 / 0
    Photo Transfer app.
  3. giradman

giradman iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +785 / 0
    Hi Bluezstallion - welcome to the forum! :)

What types of files are you wanting to transfer (e.g. photos, music, PDFs, et al)? Do you want to perform this transfer cabled or with a 'wireless' option? Bluetooth (BT) is included in your thread title but is not a choice for 'file' transfer - wireless BT is used for keyboards, headphones, or external speakers (all three having BT capability), unless something 'new' has appeared on the market for the 'stock' iPad.
  4. bluezstallion

bluezstallion iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey thanx a lot, tell me is there any way I can share music, PDF, etc via wireless option only to and from Microsoft windows
  5. magnito

magnito iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Does it also allow transfer of .mp3 &.wav files ? And since we are talking about a Blurtooth I would imagine it is all wireless transfer right ?
  6. BocataDeChoped

BocataDeChoped iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    I suggest you to buy Goodreader from the AppStore. It allows you to transfer files file over SAMBA so the only thing you'll need to do is to share a folder in your PC and you're good.
  7. giradman

giradman iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +785 / 0
    Well, there are a number of 'cloud' options - I'll just mention one that I use (others may 'chime in' w/ their preferences) - Dropbox (click name) is a free service for up to 5 GB of data storage; there is an app for the iPad and the program can be downloaded to your computer(s), whether a PC or a Mac. A website is available w/ a login option - files (I have music, photos, PDFs, text and other types on their server) can be managed there; also, the files are synced from their server to your various devices - if this sounds like a potential solution for you, then give Dropbox a try - good luck! :)
  8. giradman

giradman iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +785 / 0
    Hi Magnito - concerning your music files, you might want to provide some more information, e.g. do you want to transfer the audio files from your computer to an iDevice (or the other way) or do you have additional goals?

Bluetooth (BT) is a wireless technology running on the 2.4 GHz radio band - it is a 'short range' protocol for establishing a PAN (personal area network), and as I mentioned in my previous posts has specific uses - regarding music, I own a set of portable headphones & a soundbar for my HDTV - both of these are BT compatible and once paired I can play music from my iPod or iPod to either of these speakers - a BT keyboard is another useful option.
  9. magnito

magnito iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yep, I am looking forward to something where by I can transfer Music files from my PC to iDevice and also from other Non iDevice like other Mobile Phones to my iDevice.
  10. Gabriel1

Gabriel1 Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +747 / 0
    Whilst I realise that this thread is specifically about Bluetooth can I suggest that a NAS drive might be worth looking into, not only can you transfer files locally you can also do it remotely.

The Archangel
  11. banokmichaei

banokmichaei iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It allows you to transfer files file over SAMBA so the only thing you'll need to do is to share a folder in your PC