What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bluetooth doesnt works on my ipad 2

wasee_shaikh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My ipad doesnt connect to my ipod with bluetooth, both search after switch on to bluetooth function but they dont detect each other ? Is there any solution ?

RandyM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't think the iPads Bluetooth radio is compatible. After reading your post I tried to see if my iPad 2 could see my ipod touch 4 generation and it could not. You'll also find that only a certain types of bluetooth head (ear) phones will work. Can't remember the type that does but I found that out through iTunes help files for iPad

OP
wasee_shaikh

wasee_shaikh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, thats true but i think apple has to do something about this because if the applications such as 'bluetooth file transfer' is available on apps store & yet it dosnt find its own recognise device then its just nothing worth it for !

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
wasee_shaikh said:
Yes, thats true but i think apple has to do something about this because if the applications such as 'bluetooth file transfer' is available on apps store & yet it dosnt find its own recognise device then its just nothing worth it for !

I have not tested with the iPod, but most of the bluetooth transfer apps I've use between the iPhone and iPad do not require pairing. You just run the app on both devices at the same time.

OP
wasee_shaikh

wasee_shaikh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
But my ipad & ipod not sending data to each other with this applications, by the way thanks for replying..

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
wasee_shaikh said:
But my ipad & ipod not sending data to each other with this applications, by the way thanks for replying..

I can't find an app called "Bluetooth File Transfer". I was going to look it over, but there are too mant similarly named apps to make a good guess.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The following gives you what blue tooth supports in iPad or similar devices.

HSP - Headset Profile
AD2P - Stereo audio streaming (iPhone OS 3.0 and above; iPhone 3G
AVRCP - Media controls (Partial support since iPhone OS 3.0, improved in iOS 4.1; iPhone 3G and newer)

The above also applies to the iPad

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Applications can also talk to other applications using the Game Kit for two player games, or to send data to compatible applications on other devices - generally a copy of themselves running on another device.

-t

OP
wasee_shaikh

wasee_shaikh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
But i want to transfer data not to listen any music or locating any technological features in it !

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Which app are you using? I've used Bluetooth Transfer and it worked fine. You cannot simply turn on Bluetooth and connect two devices, you have to run a file transfer program.

Search for Bluetooth file transfer in the app store and see if anything looks like it's what you are looking for.

-t

OP
wasee_shaikh

wasee_shaikh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've done the same u r talking about but not working, anyways thanks for reply !

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
wasee_shaikh said:
I've done the same u r talking about but not working, anyways thanks for reply !

Are both the iPod and iPad running the most current version of iOS? Is bluetooth turned on on both devices ( not paired, just on)?

mlolk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wanted to use Keynote Remote between iPad 2 and iPhone 4 - so turned on bluetooth on both and they keep searching....no pair - but it works....I control a slide show on iPad from the iPhone. I took off Wifi to make sure it work and it does work. Michael

Most reactions

Latest posts