What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bluetooth connection problem between 2 iPads

Lambinos

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use 2 iPads1 and they wont reckon each other via bluetooth. Why ?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iPad has a limited set of Bluetooth connection profiles. Only audio systems, headsets and keyboards are supported.

Tim

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Applications can use bluetooth to talk to other applications as well, however this is generally only used for two person game play.

-t

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, 'thewitt' - as usual you have a great and better answer. Much appreciated.

Tim

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just filling in esoteric gaps where I can Tim. You do a great job answering questions here.

The app to app Bluetooth feature is rarely implemented. We've done it a few times for sharing data between the same app running on two devices. I've always been a little surprised that Goodreader has not implemented this method of file sharing.

-t

OP
Lambinos

Lambinos

iPF Noob
Reaction score
my girlfriend and I are trying to use the 'party scrabble' option in Scrabble HD app for iPad. It requires installing the free Tile Rack app (which seems to be an iPhone app only ?) in order to display the tile racks correctly on each of our iPad respectively. The Tile Rack app requires bluetooth cnx. Instruction says to turn off wifi and activate bluetooth which we have done. then the app searches for a nearby bluetooh device.
once both iPads find each other, we're supposed to let the tile rack app running and return to Scrabble game and use the 'party scrabble' game option to play in turn.
anyway, I am still wondering why the bluetooth cnx works sometime for one pad, then disconnects, reconnects etc. like it finds the other pad and then looses it after a few seconds. stange that the cnx works on and off but cannot hold for more than seconds ???
hope you can help us more Tim, I read your reply and I take it that the bluetooth feature is rather weak on iPads1. Funny that the Tile Rack app is designed around bluetooth cnx if it doesnt work, dont you think ?
thanks for your reply. Appreciate it.
Lambinos

Most reactions

Latest posts