Bluetooth can't find keyboard

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by shara4you, Nov 7, 2010.

1. shara4you

shara4you
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Turning on the Bluetooth my iPad can't find my Mac wireless keyboard. It just keeps searching. I have turned it on and off several times updated the sw to the newest version 3.2.2. Any idea to what I should do?

2. DrJNAB

DrJNAB
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Have you entered the pairing number that comes with the keyboard?

3. gentlefury

gentlefury
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    Did u turn on the keyboard? Power is on the right side.

4. slothead

slothead
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Boy that could be embarrassing! I just got one today and was surprised that I had to key in a 6-digit number so that it would recognize the keyboard.

Good luck

5. dugiebs2

dugiebs2
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    my keyboard is turned on. The Bluetooth is on but underneath, the devices area has nothing but just a circle that keeps turning

6. giradman

giradman
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Monger

Thanks Received:
    Hello and welcome to the forum! :) Now, you're replying to a thread w/ posts from 2010 - in the future, please look at the dates, many changes have occurred in iPad hardware & software - that was the year the original iPad was released - and let us know which model iPad you are using and the version of iOS installed.

Which keyboard (KB) do you own (I have Apple's BT KB) and are the batteries fresh - new ones might make a difference? Have you paired the KB w/ the iPad before? Is the KB possibly paired w/ another device? The latter is not rare, e.g. sometimes my KB seems not to show up on my iPad because it has paired w/ my wife's Mini.

Also, look at the image below - there my KB has paired w/ my iPad Air 2 (the other devices are mainly BT speakers & headphones) - what is the appearance of your BT dialog box in Settings? Dave
    File Feb 10, 11 14 42 AM.png

7. dugiebs2

dugiebs2
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    just shows Bluetooth on,under that Now discoverable as Sharon ipad and under that, just the word DEVICES and a spinning wheel

8. dugiebs2

dugiebs2
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    note sure what keyboard I have. No paperwork and I do not see any place for batteries. It is attached to my lap top for power. I had paired it once, about 6 months ago and all was fine. It showed the device when I reconnected so per suggestions I unpaired it and now I am left with nothing to pair

9. giradman

giradman
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Monger

Thanks Received:
    Well, this is more confusing, so please provide us w/ more information - maybe one of our members has a similar setup: 1) What laptop do you own, i.e. an Apple or PC; 2) What OS is installed (i.e. Windows version on a PC or Mac OS X on an Apple machine); 3) Does the KB have any labels to help w/ the brand/model; 4) Is the KB being powered by a USB port on the laptop and did it come w/ its own power supply - if the latter, have you tried that route; 5) When the KB is plugged into your laptop (and depending on the OS installed), can you go into 'Settings' and determine if the laptop is seeing the KB; and 6) You are sure that this is a BT KB (I'm assuming so since you state that it paired 6 months ago)? Thanks - Dave :)