What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bluetooth Bose Wave

cecilrwilliams

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I am considering purchasing the Bluetooth connector for my Bose Wave to stream my IPad music. Anyone using this? If yes, any problems, other than price?

Thank you.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Haven't used the equipment in question, but I can't see that there would be any issues. Apparently, the Bose Wave has way better sound quality than the Bose Soundlink, so you should be on to a winner. I've heard nothing but good from our members who own the Soundlink.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
From what I'm told AirPlay has much better quality (uncompressed audio). That wouldn't make a difference to me, but I don't have high quality audio speakers to stream too.

I don't know how much your Bose adaptor would cost; but an AirPort express can be added to most wi-fi hotspots and has an audio out jack that is AirPlay compatible. It is about $99 US

OP
cecilrwilliams

cecilrwilliams

iPF Novice
Reaction score
From what I'm told AirPlay has much better quality (uncompressed audio). That wouldn't make a difference to me, but I don't have high quality audio speakers to stream too.

I don't know how much your Bose adaptor would cost; but an AirPort express can be added to most wi-fi hotspots and has an audio out jack that is AirPlay compatible. It is about $99 US
Bose is $99. Waiting for a price drop. The Wave Radio sound is great, really enjoy it. I was just wondering how much quality in sound would be lost with Bluetooth. Current price a want, not a need. I will use Samsung Soundbar. Thanks.

OP
cecilrwilliams

cecilrwilliams

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Haven't used the equipment in question, but I can't see that there would be any issues. Apparently, the Bose Wave has way better sound quality than the Bose Soundlink, so you should be on to a winner. I've heard nothing but good from our members who own the Soundlink.
I actually returned the Soundlink. Samsung Soundbar, IMHO, better choice for the $$$.

Most reactions

Latest posts