Bluetooth Bose Wave

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by cecilrwilliams, Jul 21, 2014.

1. cecilrwilliams

cecilrwilliams
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I am considering purchasing the Bluetooth connector for my Bose Wave to stream my IPad music. Anyone using this? If yes, any problems, other than price?

Thank you.

2. KevinJS

KevinJS
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Haven't used the equipment in question, but I can't see that there would be any issues. Apparently, the Bose Wave has way better sound quality than the Bose Soundlink, so you should be on to a winner. I've heard nothing but good from our members who own the Soundlink.

3. twerppoet

twerppoet
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend II

Thanks Received:
    From what I'm told AirPlay has much better quality (uncompressed audio). That wouldn't make a difference to me, but I don't have high quality audio speakers to stream too.

I don't know how much your Bose adaptor would cost; but an AirPort express can be added to most wi-fi hotspots and has an audio out jack that is AirPlay compatible. It is about $99 US

4. Victoria022

Victoria022
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    That should work. :) And yes the price is dear, lol.

5. cecilrwilliams

cecilrwilliams
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Bose is $99. Waiting for a price drop. The Wave Radio sound is great, really enjoy it. I was just wondering how much quality in sound would be lost with Bluetooth. Current price a want, not a need. I will use Samsung Soundbar. Thanks.

6. cecilrwilliams

cecilrwilliams
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I actually returned the Soundlink. Samsung Soundbar, IMHO, better choice for the $$$.