What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bluetooth barcode scanners

Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with Bluetooth barcode scanners? My company is developing an iPad app to work in conjunction with our Windows-based enterprise asset management suite, and as we all know, just because a device is 'Bluetooth' doesn't guarantee operability on an iPad.

On PCs, any barcode scanner acting as a datawedge works, since it essentially sits between the scanner and the keyboard, and acts as a substitute for the keyboard. So I'm looking for a similar solution for the iPad.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry. I missed this one. I use one of these gizmos at work (and no, I'm not a greeter for WalMart). I'll put some thought into it. My scanner only uses BT for label printing, and has telephone/3G for immediate record keeping.

Sent from my iPad 4 HD mini

bovined

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Socket Mobile has a complete line up of bluetooth barcode scanners that are Apple certified to work with the iPad. They have a full SDK and great support as well so you may want to check them out.

Most reactions

Latest posts