What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bluetooh keyboard /case

Kens7601

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a bluetooth keyboard/case. This means that when I am using the keyboard y orientation is in landscape. However, I notice mail appears upside down and won,t switch to right side up... (it's still in landscape, just upside down). Is this a bug?

Ken

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Is it possible you have the screen rotation locked. If you do you will see a small icon of a lock with an arrow circling it to the left of your battery level.

Screen lock is either set with the slide switch next to the volume buttons, or in the multitask bar; depending on what you have the side switch set to in Settings > General > Side Switch.

If you have the side switch set to Mute, then the screen rotation lock is in the multitask bar. Double tap the home button to get the multitask bar, then slide the icons to the right to reveal some controls, including the rotation lock or mute (opposite of the side switch) icon.

OP
K

Kens7601

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I appreciate the thought, but no. If that was was the case, all apps would not rotate. Right now, the mail application will rotate from portrait and only one position of landscape. Unfortunately he landscape position it does rotate to make it upside down when I am us inning the case/keyboard.

Thank you again!
Ken

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Ok, gottcha.

I quickly experimented with my bluetooth keyboard, just to make sure this isn't normal but annoying behavior. Mail rotates in all orientations for me, keyboard on, and editor open. So this is not normal behavior.

Unfortunately all I can suggest are the usual fixes. If they don't work say so, and maybe someone with a better idea of what is going on will chime in.

When you have problems with an app it's a good idea to clear it from RAM.

Close/Clear the app: With the problem app closed, double tap on the Home button to get the multitask bar. Tap and hold on any icon in the bar until they jiggle, then tap the minus sign on the problem app. This will remove it from RAM and insure a clean start the next time you launch the app.
If that does not work try a restart,

Restart: Hold down the power button until the power off slider appears. Slide it off. When the iPad finishes shutting down, hold down the power button again until the Apple logo appears.

and then a reset if that does not work.

Reset: Hold down the power and home buttons until the Apple logo appears. The iPad will reboot. This usually takes a bit longer than a restart.

OP
K

Kens7601

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you. Closing the mail app seemed to have worked! I appreciate your time addressing my issue!

Ken

Most reactions