BlueFire reader hangs iPad on exit after jailbreaking with Absinthe 2.0.4

Discussion in 'iPad Hacking' started by l..k, Jul 19, 2012.

1. l..k

l..k iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Does anyone else noticed problems with applications working well before jailbreak? The BlueFire reader worked perfectly well on my iPad 5.1.1 until I did jailbreak. Now the reader works ok until I press the button to quit from the app or leave it alone so it try to go standby - either way it hangs the system that only reboot (by pressing and holding both buttons) recover the system.

Anyway, if you are jailbroken but do not use BlueFire - could you please try it? It's free app on AppStore. That way I would know if everything "seems fine" with my iPad or if I should recover it somehow. The app says it's compatible with IOS 3, so maybe it uses some API which is not well jailbroken - sounds wierd, I know but... Otherwise any advise where to, lets say, submit a bug for the jailbreak?

Thanks in advance for help. I am puzzled.

2. Mickey330

Mickey330 Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,065 / 0
    This is a known issue with the Bluefire reader app and a jailbreak. There used to be a solution for iOS 4.x, but that doesn't work now for those on iOS 5. Oh, and the developer is already aware of it, though I don't know if they are actively working on a solution. Too few jailbreakers running Bluefire to make it high on their list, I would assume....

Here's a thread that discusses the initial problem (back on iOS 4), the solution and then the subsequent reappearance of the problem: http://www.ipadforums.net/showthread.php?t=37602

Unfortunately, there seems to be nothing we can do. But - that's why it won't work right...

Marilyn

3. l..k

l..k iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thank you very much Mickey330!! I do not need so much the BlueFire, though I kind of like it... I am happy now knowing that it is not a major system stability issue but just some wierd side-effect of the app.

Ugh.. I feel dumb that I was somehow unable to find the previous thread. Thanks again for you patience.