What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blue tooth help

amandabeddome

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I need help I can't hook my iPad up with my iPhone 3 g neither of them recognizes the device it just sit there searching and they are both blue tooth enabled please help

SarahMarD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I'm having a similar problem: just bought a Cygnett bluetooth KB to put with iPad 3, it doesn't recognize it at all, the circle just goes round and round. Any suggestions would be great, thanks for much! Sarah

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Pairing a Bluetooth keyboard is more or less the same for all models. You need to refer to the instructions that come with the keyboard to get it into pairing mode. Follow those instructions carefully. Once paired, it should connect automatically each time the keyboard is turned on and Bluetooth is turned on on your iPad.

So make sure:
- your Bluetooth is on (iPad)
- new keyboard has its batteries in and is turned on.
- follow instructions to get keyboard into pairing mode.
- follow iPad directions to pair new device
- enter Passcode for pairing into your keyboard as described in our instructions.

You should have a paired keyboard!

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to the Forum!

The Bluetooth feature is primarily to connect headphones or a keyboard to your iPad......I have heard it is possible if your iPhone is jail broken though. I hope others know more on this.

The IPad Forum is a community of members from all walks of life and from all over the world coming together to share our experiences and to help each other learn about this wonderful piece of technology the Ipad. There is a wealth of information already here in the many threads we have so doing some searches will answer most of the questions you have. If then you cannot find the answer you are seeking then by all means post your question. There are many friendly and informed members here only too willing to help you.

We also have our own App - It is a very simple app to navigate.
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/discussion-forum-for-ipad/id412896524?mt=8
Reading the IPad manual is a great place to start so please download a copy of these.
http://www.support.apple.com/manuals/ipad/
3 very informative threads from which you will learn many tips and shortcuts for the IPad.
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-general-discussions/21590-tips-tricks-those-us-who-dont-know.html
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-os/49581-ios5-tips-tricks.html
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-help...shortcuts-helpful-places-people-new-ipad.html
We have rules like any Community so please read these also
http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rul...um-rules-everybody-please-read.html#post14697

Once again we welcome you here and are so pleased you have joined us!

SarahMarD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Pairing a Bluetooth keyboard is more or less the same for all models. You need to refer to the instructions that come with the keyboard to get it into pairing mode. Follow those instructions carefully. Once paired, it should connect automatically each time the keyboard is turned on and Bluetooth is turned on on your iPad.

So make sure:
- enter Passcode for pairing into your keyboard as described in our instructions.

Wow, I wish it were that easy!! I've read the instructions which came with the keyboard, unfortunately the iPad doesn't recognize that there's a kb next to it when I try to connect.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
SarahMarD said:
Wow, I wish it were that easy!! I've read the instructions which came with the keyboard, unfortunately the iPad doesn't recognize that there's a kb next to it when I try to connect.

Just a thought.....have you ever had your iPad paired with something else? If you have, unpair from that device first

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
SarahMarD said:

Possibly one of those rare occasions where you may have a faulty keyboard. Take it back to where you got it, and tell them you are having issues and that the keyboard could possibly be faulty. Tell them before you officially return it for a replacement, walk through the pairing process with them, they may pick up on a missing step. In the process you'll either confirm the fault (and get it replaced) or actually get it working. A win/win either way.

BTW, Cygnett are probably more towards the "budget" end of the accessory market, so there may be more reliable keyboard solutions out there.

OP
A

amandabeddome

iPF Noob
Reaction score
dhewson777 said:

So make sure:

Ya I'm not pairing a keyboard I wanna pair my iPhone perhaps read the thread before commenting

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Try turning Internet Tethering on. This should pair and connect the devices.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
amandabeddome said:
Ya I'm not pairing a keyboard I wanna pair my iPhone perhaps read the thread before commenting

dhewson is trying to help the other member who has posted in this thread SarahMarD and has been quoting her posts to try not to get these confused.

What is it that you are trying to do by connecting your iPad and iPhone with Bluetooth......is it for Internet tethering as KevinJS has responded on or is it for something else?

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
amandabeddome said:

I was answering SarahMardD's question. My apologies for not quoting her question in my reply.

OP
A

amandabeddome

iPF Noob
Reaction score
leelai said:
dhewson is trying to help the other member who has posted in this thread SarahMarD and has been quoting her posts to try not to get these confused.

What is it that you are trying to do by connecting your iPad and iPhone with Bluetooth......is it for Internet tethering as KevinJS has responded on or is it for something else?

Lol imwasntold I could connect my iPad to my phone so I could have 3G wifi off my phone when I'm not at home

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
amandabeddome said:
Lol imwasntold I could connect my iPad to my phone so I could have 3G wifi off my phone when I'm not at home

That's what I thought. That will also depend on your carrier. Some do not allow tethering. If yours does, turn it on in Settings and then select wireless network on your iPad. The wireless network will be he name of your phone.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

SarahMarD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for your help

Possibly one of those rare occasions where you may have a faulty keyboard. Take it back to where you got it, and tell them you are having issues and that the keyboard could possibly be faulty. Tell them before you officially return it for a replacement, walk through the pairing process with them, they may pick up on a missing step. In the process you'll either confirm the fault (and get it replaced) or actually get it working. A win/win either way.

BTW, Cygnett are probably more towards the "budget" end of the accessory market, so there may be more reliable keyboard solutions out there.

Thanks very much, I think you may be right. And a key, already loose when I opened case for the 1st time, fell off the next time I opened the case!...so I will return it and buy another brand. Sarah

Most reactions

Latest posts