What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blank white screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonialewis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there can anyone help me. My iPad has a blank white screen. All the apps have gone. I power the machine off but each time I switch it back on the same blank screen returns. Can anyone help?

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to the Forum!

Try a reset of your iPad here.

Hold the power off button and the home button simultaneously, keep holding them in and you may see the power off slide appear and disappear, wait until you see the Apple logo appear before releasing the buttons. This may take 20 to 30 seconds to accomplish so be patient and let us know if this fixes the issue.

OP
S

sonialewis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply. I have tried that already and its still the same. I can't even see the swipe on and off button just a vague light to show that it had power. I had this problem about a month ago and done what you suggested. It seemed to work. But now I have repeated this exercise but doesn't seem to want to respond. :-( it's very puzzling hope it's not broken.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I would try it again but with your iPad off and see if this does make a difference.

Which iPad do you have and do you know if it has a good charge?

OP
S

sonialewis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have tried it again sadly nothing.

I have the original 32g. Before it went like this there was 34% power to it.

I have also noticed that when plugged in I read and hold the two keys down it does appear to go off. But when I press the home screen I can see the vague light again. However, when its not plugged in the mains it will remain switched off unless I switch it on again.

Not sure of this gives u anymore indication of what it could be. :-(

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Gosh I'm not sure what is happening here at all.

I do vaguely remember reading something like this which turned out to be the Brightness Control setting......have you checked that?

I've moving your thread to our Help Section where I hope others will have some more info on this. Good luck!

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It could be worth connecting it to your PC/Mac, sync it (to get a back up of your data) and then restoring it from the backup.

The Archangel

OP
S

sonialewis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sadly my machine is going to cost 207 pound for a repair.

AdmiralAdama

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Near the Ionian Nebula, still searching for Earth
sonialewis said:
Sadly my machine is going to cost 207 pound for a repair.

A suggestion.
From what I've read you've got an original first generation iPad. If your budget can accommodate it, a latest generation 32G wifi is £479. That's a reasonable price bump for what you're getting.

However if you're sticking to a budget do what's right for you.

AA

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I also would wonder if it is a good idea to be fixing your ipad1 especially for the amount quoted. This ipad did not receive the latest update and I would think that no future updates will be done for it.

With apps only getting bigger, I truly feel the ipad1 will struggle with its lack of ram.

As the Admiral has said a newer ipad may be a more viable option here, Apple do have refurbished iPads which they sell cheaper and with a full warranty.....but yes this is up to you.

Good luck with your decision.

OP
S

sonialewis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you guys for all your support. I won't be paying that price no. I agree. It's not viable. I also feel reluctant to invest that money into a mobile device again. Can anyone give me advice on new iPad mini please ? They are half the price. Plus if that gets damaged I won't feel as bad. 600 has been a massive loss.

OP
S

sonialewis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well what a turn around. I gave the iPad a good knock on the back and guess what. It's started to work. So guys does this indicate its a loose connection ?

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
sonialewis said:
Well what a turn around. I gave the iPad a good knock on the back and guess what. It's started to work. So guys does this indicate its a loose connection ?

I was actually thinking this may have been your problem. I guess over time with the many small knocks our ipads take that something may be jarred loose eventually. We do have a thread on this but yours did seem different as the others had many colours on their screens and not a blank white screen. I thought yours may have been your digitizer had failed.....don't ask me for more details on what that exactly is as I'm not up on the technical side of the iPad. ;)

But that is great news for you! And thanks for letting us know.....the more we discover the better able we are to help others!

OP
S

sonialewis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Leelai, thanks for your reply. I think the fix is temporary somehow. I hope not though. I agree, being a mobile device it does take some minor scrapes. I will read the threads what u recommend. Hopefully, I get a little more use from this device.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts