What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BlackBerry CEO Criticises Apple for Outdated iOS Interface

Mesqueunclub

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The new bb looks promising. I just hate how apple rushes products. They add a screen and then call it a new device. Stupid

It does look promising and let us hope it is a massive improvement on what BB has brought out prior.I think what we should bear in mind with regards to BB, as it admits, it concentrates on the corporate market, a bit like BT Broadband in the UK. It is not bothered about we mere mortals further down the food chain. Apple, on the other hand seem to focus on the public user, IMHO.

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Freedom of speech allows this guy to say whatever he wants. Hard to get excited about a blackberry product though. Actually, I find cell phones rather obnoxious and too small to be useful for anything other than....get this..... Talking to people. But , since the entire world has their head arched downward, checking texts and twitter all day long, I guess I'm the outsider on this issue. Personally, I think my TracFone is the best phone out there. It receives calls and can make them too. Amazing. :)

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Brilliant. From the company that initially refused to ship an email client with the Playbook for fear of canabalising their phone business...

iPhone’s user interface is now five years old. - or to put it another way, it has taken Blackberry 5 years of R&D to get a usable touch based phone interface to market, which can finally rival the pioneers...

Too late I think. Too late...

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Blackberry's day has long come and gone. It should now just shut up and put up. When it comes to consumer products, consumers decide what's worthy and what's not.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Freedom of speech allows this guy to say whatever he wants. Hard to get excited about a blackberry product though. Actually, I find cell phones rather obnoxious and too small to be useful for anything other than....get this..... Talking to people. But , since the entire world has their head arched downward, checking texts and twitter all day long, I guess I'm the outsider on this issue. Personally, I think my TracFone is the best phone out there. It receives calls and can make them too. Amazing. :)

I read this article and thought of your post, lol. Why My iPhone Is Better as a Dumbphone

Personally, I love having a smart phone and tablets at my disposal. The key thing is that they're at MY disposal -- I choose how and when to use them. For me, that includes not yammering a lot on pointless phone calls, not sending useless texts because I can't spend time in my own head, etc. But I love that I can quickly and easily look up info on airlines, hotels, restaurants, movies, etc., and immediately call for reservations or book tickets from the palm of my hand on the go. I love that I can check reviews on the spot and decide whether to buy something or not, or get a price match from a brick-and-mortar store and save myself money or a wasted trip. I love that I can listen to audiobooks or music on the go, including in my car. I love that I have a huge selection of books at anytime.

Most of the time, I don't schlep around my tablets. My smart phone is handier on the go unless I'm traveling, in which case I take phone and tablet(s).

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I read this article and thought of your post, lol. Why My iPhone Is Better as a Dumbphone

Personally, I love having a smart phone and tablets at my disposal. The key thing is that they're at MY disposal -- I choose how and when to use them. For me, that includes not yammering a lot on pointless phone calls, not sending useless texts because I can't spend time in my own head, etc. But I love that I can quickly and easily look up info on airlines, hotels, restaurants, movies, etc., and immediately call for reservations or book tickets from the palm of my hand on the go. I love that I can check reviews on the spot and decide whether to buy something or not, or get a price match from a brick-and-mortar store and save myself money or a wasted trip. I love that I can listen to audiobooks or music on the go, including in my car. I love that I have a huge selection of books at anytime.

Most of the time, I don't schlep around my tablets. My smart phone is handier on the go unless I'm traveling, in which case I take phone and tablet(s).

Good stuff. I've just never been a phone guy and likely never will. I love tablets and tech but phones to me are are trying to be too many things. It's also ironic how I rarely see anyone actually talking on them. Always head down and thumbs blazing at joint-swelling speeds. I get laughed at all the time by friends and co workers who have to check with me to see if I have minutes left should they hope to call me later that night or whatever. It seems that phones are really just another incarnation of a tablet or personal device that has web access. Like you said, being able to find a restaurant or a hotel is a great thing. But.... Does anyone talk on their phone anymore? Hehehehe :)

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good stuff. I've just never been a phone guy and likely never will. I love tablets and tech but phones to me are are trying to be too many things. It's also ironic how I rarely see anyone actually talking on them. Always head down and thumbs blazing at joint-swelling speeds. I get laughed at all the time by friends and co workers who have to check with me to see if I have minutes left should they hope to call me later that night or whatever. It seems that phones are really just another incarnation of a tablet or personal device that has web access. Like you said, being able to find a restaurant or a hotel is a great thing. But.... Does anyone talk on their phone anymore? Hehehehe :)

I see people talking on their phones all the time, but I think texting is most popular with younger people.

I have a rollover plan on my phone and I probably have tens of thousands of minutes on my account -- I never check, because I rarely make calls.

The only diff between smart phones nowadays is size and calling ability, and some tabs have phone functions as well. I figure size is just a matter of preference, lol. For someone with bad eyesight or who prefers a bigger keyboard, tabs are useful, but another device to schlep, which is just a question of practicality (or not).

Most reactions

Latest posts