What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blackberry Blend app

Mesqueunclub

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi guys,
My BB Z10 () has just had a software upgrade to 10.3.1.1565, hallelujah! When I check the new screen I see an icon for Blackberry Blend, an app which should enable me to connect to my PC and other devices, mainly my iPad. I installed said app as requested on both my PC & iPad. I have managed to connect seamlessly with my PC but have had no end of problems connecting to my beloved iPad. Eventually, I managed to do so with Bluetooth & tethering
Brilliant or so I thought until I opened the BB Blend app on my iPad. It gets to a screen asking which device I want to connect to but the page is blank. There are no devices showing! I hate new technology like this when one has to jump through hoops. My only salvation is that I am changing my mobile to an iPhone when the contract runs out later this year. BB is a good machine but I am mission ing out on so much.
Can anyone point me in the right direction regarding the issue with the BB Blend app?
Can't wait for my iPhone

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The descriptions tell that you have to sign in (with your Blackberry ID?). When you open the app on your iPad, do you find something where this would be possible?

OP
Mesqueunclub

Mesqueunclub

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi J. A.

Been too long! Hope you are well.

Yes, you are correct. You have to sign in etc. etc. which I did. I have come to the conclusion that it is now not worth the effort trying to get it to work. I only have to wait a few months but thank you so much anyway.
Just cooking a Thai curry for both my wife & I. A lot easier than trying to get BB & Apple to work together!

Best regards,

Mike

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
In some cases it is best to not upgrade when in your case have special apps installed. The developer needs to update his software and unfortunately it can take time. There are alternative apps that may work for you. Just try them. But in saying that check the dates of last update. I love cooking also.b. Welcome back

OP
Mesqueunclub

Mesqueunclub

iPF Novice
Reaction score
In some cases it is best to not upgrade when in your case have special apps installed. The developer needs to update his software and unfortunately it can take time. There are alternative apps that may work for you. Just try them. But in saying that check the dates of last update. I love cooking also.b. Welcome back
Thanks Col.
I have given it up as a bad deal. BB & Apple just do not mix. I can wait foor my new iPhone in the summer then I know all (or most) of my apps will run seamlessly. BB is good in many respects but I have been missing out on so many apps that I cannot download due to the BB IOS. I pay a fortune for Sky TV which works fine on my iPad but I cannot get an app for the BB.nuust another nail in the Blackberry coffin. Role on July

OP
Mesqueunclub

Mesqueunclub

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Oh, I forgot, thanks for the welcome back. It has been too long but I have been extremely busy with some major personal issues. New Year, new start

Most reactions