What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blackberry 9900 tethering

freebirdforever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
senshudo.tv
The only thing I can think of is purchasing an app for your blackberry called pdanet and using the bluetooth option to "tether" to your ipad. If that doesn't work, you might be SOL. Anyone else have any ideas?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

OP
dulciedarling

dulciedarling

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Says my blackberry isn't supported with my iPad ?? Hard work ain't it lol

freebirdforever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
senshudo.tv
what carrier are you on? You could always look into mobile broadband. If you're in the US, Sprint offers it as low as $35 a month for 3GB Usage.

OP
dulciedarling

dulciedarling

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm in the uk and with Orange/T-mobile I'm at a loss really! Not good at this kind of thing

OP
dulciedarling

dulciedarling

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ahhh right I know what u mean! Thank you" how long would 1G last just browsing?

freebirdforever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
senshudo.tv
It depends on the type of websites and how much you use it. Realistically it could last you a month.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
dulciedarling said:
Ahhh right I know what u mean! Thank you" how long would 1G last just browsing?

I'm in the UK too, I have a wifi only iPad and use it with a myfi unit from 3 network. 1GB lasts me a full month using it 5 days a week for my emails, browsing and app updating. If you download or stream media you may want more but you can buy data as you need it.

The Archangel

OP
dulciedarling

dulciedarling

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's what I looked at the 3 mifi thingy lol! I can't use the internet during working hours and have wifi at home, I could by the mifi from three and just pay as I use, as it wouldn't be worth my while having it on a contract one!

Bibhasdasgupta

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi can anyone help me to tether my blackberry with my iPad 2??

The blackberry 9900 and newer models running OS 7.1 have the option of turning on "Mobile hotspot". This is along with the mobile connection and wifi on/off options. Once turned on, it becomes a local wifi device and the iPad connects to it effortlessly. I am using the blackberry 9900 with the iPad 3 (16 gb Wifi, no 3G). Hope this helps.

Most reactions