What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Black screen, what happened?

Dawgluver

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thought all was well on Friendly yesterday, but today kept getting a reference error : can't find variable : Netpad. Did a hard reset twice. Get a black screen, and even though I tap around, nothing happens. Any Ideas? Thanks!

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thought all was well on Friendly yesterday, but today kept getting a reference error : can't find variable : Netpad. Did a hard reset twice. Get a black screen, and even though I tap around, nothing happens. Any Ideas? Thanks!

Have you tried a reboot? Hold the Power button and Home key down for several seconds until the white Apple logo appears. It can take quite a while, so you need patience - I've heard some people say they waited 60 seconds, though when I've had to do this it's been more like 15 seconds. Then the iPad will reboot - again it takes quite a while.

No apps or data will be lost

Tim

OP
D

Dawgluver

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yep, did it twice. It keeps saying all sorts of things about NETPAD. Will try again. Everything else works fine. Thanks!

iFrog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
stick2e said:
There is a problem with the app and this is what they have in there support page:

"Friendly Facebook for iPad
We are working on a fix for the "Netpad"/black screen issue. This issue is affecting some users on both the new 3.5 update as well as the previous version.

The problem is related to a change Facebook has made to their server, and we are working as fast as we can to provide a solution.

Rebooting the iPad worked for some users. Will post an update as soon as we have a more comprehensive solution."

In hope this help to clarify some of our questions.

stick2e - Sent from my iPad2 using iPF

OP
D

Dawgluver

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Aha! I just updated to 4.3.2. on ITunes Thanks so much! Creepy stuff, wish it would work.

iFrog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It Is a nice program, I will just wait for there update for sure!

iFrog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I just saw this in the Facebook page!!!

Friendly Facebook for iPad
UPDATE: We’ve submitted Friendly 3.5.1 Fix to Apple. Apple has agreed to review it in priority, and is currently working on it. I will post an update as soon as the fix is available in the App Store.

The problems (startup,black screen,m.facebook...) were related to a change Facebook has made to their server, and unfortunately is affecting all versions of Friendly.

Thanks for your patience and continued support.
6 hours ago · Like · Comment

Stick2e - Sent from my iPad2 using iPF

Stick2e - Sent from my iPad2 using iPF

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Friendly 3.5.1 is now available in the app shop. Just installed it and seems to be working again OK.

Most reactions

Latest posts