What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Black or white iPad 2?

Black or White?

• Black

Votes: 340 60.5%
  • White

Votes: 222 39.5%

• Total voters

dmaul1114

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The bezel is around the screen, so you'll see it when looking at the screen!

I didn't have a strong preference. If I'd lined up rather than ordering online I'd have taken a white 32gb wifi if black was sold out. But given a choice I prefer the look of the black and think I'll find it less distracting while watching movies etc.

Tinman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
MadDragon1846 said:
I'll be getting one in black, as I'll be watching alot of films on it. And the white border would distract me.

Funny how people assume without actually using it. :)

I'm writing this right now in a dimly lit pub... Same lighting I would watch watch a movie in and there is NO way I can even remotely call the bezel "distracting" lol.

Michael

Last edited:

Tinman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So distracting! :)

Attachments

• image-1242064100.jpg
    image-1242064100.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 830

dmaul1114

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Distracting or not, I just don't like white gadgets. :D

Like I said, I'd have taken a white if I didn't order online and that was all that was available as I'm not that picky about color. I mean I still got a smart color despite all the cheap ones being crappy, girly pastel colors! :D But I definitely prefer black (and wish they had a black plastic smart cover!).

MadDragon1846

iPF Noob
Reaction score
MadDragon1846 said:
I'll be getting one in black, as I'll be watching alot of films on it. And the white border would distract me.

Funny how people assume without actually using it. :)

I'm writing this right now in a dimly lit pub... Same lighting I would watch watch a movie in and there is NO way I can even remotely call the bezel "distracting" lol.

Michael

Lol, just because it isn't distracting for you, it doesn't mean it ain't for me.

I'v used White monitors to watch films before, and it distracted me.

Not everyone is the same lol. :p

ThePhotog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I looked over the white iPad 2 on display today. I returned three cases and kept the one I liked the most. The apple smart case. Back on the the white , I think it looks classy.

digitalbits6

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm going for white. I had a white iPod video and white iPhone 3G, they show less scratches and less finger prints. I use the Zagg shield on my iPhone4 to reduce the finger prints and prevent scratches. Plan to get a Zagg for the iPad2.

But the bottom (back side) is not white, but silver, just like the black one. So it is not as likely to show scratches on the bottom with that finish and color. So practically, the color is the front bezel around the screen. My current iPad does show finger prints and the iPad2 in white will show less fingerprints around the edges.

thedon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you are like me and others that have made the case... If it's white, people know it's the new one. And the white one looks pretty dang cool too. Forget the border distraction talk some people who don't like the white will say. It doesn't even enter my mind when I'm diggin on the coolness of this thing. White or black are both cool but I'm loving the white one.

Tinman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you are like me and others that have made the case... If it's white, people know it's the new one. And the white one looks pretty dang cool too. Forget the border distraction talk some people who don't like the white will say. It doesn't even enter my mind when I'm diggin on the coolness of this thing. White or black are both cool but I'm loving the white one.
I am liking the white more and more. Really seems to show off the LCD better in my opinion. In dim light though you don't even see it, so I don't get the distraction comments--specially if only playing with one in the glare of an Apple Store or Best Buy.

EDIT: After comparing my iPad to iPad 2 I noticed that the screen on my iPad 2 is noticeably brighter and has more "pop" than my original iPad... at all brightness settings. So I could be liking a black iPad 2 just as much lol.

Michael

sutty0000

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Black or White iPad 2? Which did you choose?

Just intrigued who chose what and why :)

Rokrdude2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For movies/tv shows I think black as a background is a better option

Other than that its basically a personal choice

htowngator

iPF Noob
Reaction score
IMO white is more "aesthetically pleasing" in normal use and black is better for watching movies or playing games due to contrast.

Most reactions

Latest posts