What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Black or white iPad 2?

Black or White?

• Black

Votes: 340 60.5%
  • White

Votes: 222 39.5%

• Total voters
Reaction score
xune said:
The MacBook air has never been offered in white as far as I know.

Not sure what this color is exactly, might be a mix of white and grey, but it is clearly not as dark as black.

Attachments

• image-1735635363.jpg
    image-1735635363.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 5,954

mx1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
mx1 said:
How many white TV's you ever seen....there is a reason for it...

Orderd my Black one yesterday

Tim

Apple still sells their MacBooks & MB Airs in white.
Well the MacBook is indeed in white, Iahve no way of defending that, but the white surround will rob you of apparent color contrast. I opted for Black becaue if we are honest, for the most part, white apple products seem to have more issues than the others.

Tim

Teacher's Pet

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I went with white on the iPad 2. I was torn and saw pros and cons to each. Since I had a black one I decided to go with the white one. Initially I opened the box and said "What was I thinking?" I was just so used to the black and it looked so different. Well taking the plastic wrapper off allowed me to see the beautiful finish I was hoping for. After 15 minutes I realized that I really like the white. It just took a few minutes to realize that it wasn't because of being white, it was because I have been holding a black one every day all day since the release.

The black looks more professional if it's being used for business purposes when itsnsitting on a desk IMO, but as soon as you turn on the screen and see the beautiful display of an iPad, those prejudices fly right out the window. I'm glad I chose white for my purposes, but the black is also gorgeous.

Just remember if you're a long time iPad user that it will seem VERY different when you first use it until you adjust and it feels normal.

pennicat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, I ended up with a black one instead of white as I had intended, due to the availability at the Verizon store. But now that I have it, I'm happy with that choice - I think I like it better than the white because the frame really does disappear as someone else mentioned.

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Basically the White looks cooler and hides fingerprints, while the black shows fingerprints but is less distracting.
You takes your pick.....

SYS

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I WAS going to get the white as I lined up for two hours yesterday at a local Best Buy, but by the time the guy came and handed me a ticket I changed my mind to black. I'm a semi-professional photographer, and it occurred to at the last minute that black frame provides the contrast for additional "pop" for greater presentation. Anything colorful is great with black frame. Afterwards, I stopped by an Apple store nearby where they had several white framed iPads on display, and boy was I glad that I made the right choice!

kevbo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got the white thinking that if I don't like it, I can just take it back for a black one. But I must say that I really like the white. I think the whole, "Colors wont pop as much!" is way overblown. If you want to be technical, the blacks will look blacker on a white one. But I don't know.. it doesn't look any different at all. Could you really see yourself saying, "Man, this white frame is so distracting!"?

Tinman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought the white and I have to say am more impressed than I expected to be.

I think it is because the LCD is not blended in with the bezel. So it almost looks "bigger" since the LCD goes right to the edge of the bezel whereas with my iPad 1 it just kind of "blends in."

I am really liking the white. I had a two hour facetime call with it last night and it was awesome. Really like being there in way I never got from my laptop, Mac, or iPhone 4.

I figured it I didn't like white I would exchange it but right now I for prefer it over the black, and can't imagine that changing.

Michael

dmaul1114

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Basically the White looks cooler and hides fingerprints, while the black shows fingerprints but is less distracting.
You takes your pick.....

Agreed, other than I think Black looks cooler. :D

I'll take fingerprints over having a white border that's more distracting to me. Especially for video, photos and other darker content.

Tinman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not distracting to me at all. I find it enhances the LCD. I compared to my iPad 1 BTW and for sure prefer the white. Glad I took a chance on it because I was not so sure till I used it fort a while.

So you can't assume anything without using it yourself for a while.

Michael

MadDragon1846

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'll be getting one in black, as I'll be watching alot of films on it. And the white border would distract me.

DavidM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Does it really matter, most of us will put a cover on it and all we will see is the screen.

Most reactions

Latest posts