What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Black line

yosemrig

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i have black line on my ipad
If I apply pressure near the home button it’s disappear
But it is coming back after a while
What is the problem and what can I do?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Does the line stay in place when you rotate from portrait to landscape mode? That could mean that you have a failed line of pixels on your screen.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you're close enough to visit an Apple Store, the Genius Bar could confirm the diagnosis. The diagnosis is free but if there is a hardware fault there will be a repair charge if the iPad is out of warranty or AppleCare+ has expired.

OP
Y

yosemrig

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you're close enough to visit an Apple Store, the Genius Bar could confirm the diagnosis. The diagnosis is free but if there is a hardware fault there will be a repair charge if the iPad is out of warranty or AppleCare+ has expired.
If I have problem with the pixels why when I touch near the home button it’s disappeared

OP
Y

yosemrig

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sometimes after I press near the home button the black line disappear for a day does it say anything

OP
Y

yosemrig

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So I don’t have to replace the screen only the wires?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
So I don’t have to replace the screen only the wires?
It would need a Genius Bar diagnosis to determine that. The connector is an integral part of the screen assembly and can't be replaced separately.

OP
Y

yosemrig

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If I go to apple store
How much time it takes to repair?
How much it will cost?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If the iPad is out of warranty and has expired AppleCare+, the repair cost could be about half the cost of a new iPad of the same model.

Most reactions

Latest posts