What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Black Keyboard and Winterboard Not working! HELP!!!

dlo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So I installed winter board and the Black Keyboard hack, but it doesn't seem to be working anyone might have an idea an he a complete new iPad user out!? I have only had this iPad for two weeks and every where I go it seems as though it maybe a lot more complicated then it needs to be! I have also read that it Winterboard works for some iPad 2 users and it doesn't work for others! can anyone confirm this?!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Sent from My iPad 2 White 32GB WiFi

ttipad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had some operator-related problems on the beginning as well...I just went to google or read threads on ipf and those helped.

I love my JB iPad!!

ttipad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Btw did u select black keyboard in the winterboard app? If not, open winterboard and select black keyboard....

I love my JB iPad!!

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
BlackKeyboard is nothing to do with Winterbaord. It is simply a mobile substrate tweak. Did you install the right package from Cydia? It is NOT a theme.
Install it and respring and you should have the black keyboard everywhere except Cydia and iFile.

ttipad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:
BlackKeyboard is nothing to do with Winterbaord. It is simply a mobile substrate tweak. Did you install the right package from Cydia? It is NOT a theme.
Install it and respring and you should have the black keyboard everywhere except Cydia and iFile.

Thanks f4780y for co

I love my JB iPad!!

ttipad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:

Thanks for correcting my mistaken info. Could help me with my thread re: customising the logo on the upper left side of the iPad. Thank you.

I love my JB iPad!!

OP
D

dlo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am downloading the file in Cydia under the following:

Cydia > Sections > Themes > MacBook Black Keyboard

Is this the same Black Keyboard you guys are talking about?

Thanks for all the help in advance!

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

No. As I said, it is not a theme. Do not use Cydia's sections to find things. Use search.

Search for black keyboard and install the tweak that comes up.

OP
D

dlo

iPF Noob
Reaction score

No. As I said, it is not a theme. Do not use Cydia's sections to find things. Use search.

Search for black keyboard and install the tweak that comes up.

Ahhh thank you so much for the clarification. I apologize if I sounded a bit redundant and stupid. :(

EDIT: I am still having issues with WinterBoard though. Floating dock doesn't seem to work and same with some of the other settings. I've tried looking online and realized that Winterboard doesn't work with iPad 2 while it works for others. Should I try to re-install the whole tweak?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Winterboard works fine for the iPad, but what you have to realise is that 99% of themes in Cydia are designed for iPhone. The themes won't work on the iPad because the UI and icons are completely different from the phones.
Have a look at our themes section for themes that work with iPad using Winterboard here - http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-themes/

OP
D

dlo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:
Winterboard works fine for the iPad, but what you have to realise is that 99% of themes in Cydia are designed for iPhone. The themes won't work on the iPad because the UI and icons are completely different from the phones.
Have a look at our themes section for themes that work with iPad using Winterboard here - http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-themes/

Odd thing is some of the features that I am talking about when it comes to WinterBoard that don't work such as the 'Transparent Dock'

By the way, the Black Keyboard now works! Thanks!!

Most reactions

Latest posts