What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Black homescreen after installing Animate-All HD

Drosera

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,

Ok, I finally got one tweek that messed up my ipad2 (JB ios5.1). I installed Animate All - HD and then added Bootlogo - Sunset. Now my homescreen is black with all the icons still present and functioning...it's just I can't get my original wallpaper back. I resprung with various settings many times and no matter what, I still have a black screen. Finally I decided to remove both Animate All-HD and Bootlogo, but the black homescreen remains. My lockscreen is fine, however. I've already rebooted (held down both sleep and wake until white apple logo appeared), but nothing changed.

Any thoughts? Thanks.

OP
D

Drosera

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Somewhat resolved, but new issue: I decided to just do "restore from backup" and got my homescreen back. However, all my photos and videos are gone (I guess I never imported them on to my PC). Now I know they're still located here: Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Application Data\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup But all the files are named a bunch of letters and numbers and no program on my PC can open them. How do I get these files back on to my ipad2?

Thanks everyone.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Have a look at the [free to try] computer program iBackupbot. With it loaded on your computer, you can open it and then have it open the iTunes backup you have saved on your computer. I haven't used it in a while, so I can't tell you specifically where to find your files - but I believe it will find and "decode" files so you can see them. Then, you can open them and save them elsewhere.

Granted, it may be a bit of a longshot, but, for a free try? Why not... :)

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts