What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Black Friday iPad Deals 2011 ?

MadChef

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I found the best deal last year on my iPad two weeks before Christmas in the Apple refurbished store. I have never had a problem with my iPad .
Apple gives you the same one year guarantee as a brand new one.You can also purchase AppleCare for your product if you feel it is necessary.

☮ ♥ 

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I remember last year, a couple of days before Thanksgiving I got an email from Apple telling me to be sure to go to Apple.com on black Friday. When the day arrived, Apple had an iPad mark down of something like US$100 and free engraving. Anyone else recall this sale?

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I remember last year, a couple of days before Thanksgiving I got an email from Apple telling me to be sure to go to Apple.com on black Friday. When the day arrived, Apple had an iPad mark down of something like US$100 and free engraving. Anyone else recall this sale?

I don't remember that. That's weird though, Apple never changes or discounts prices.

MadChef

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I do remember the same deal Black Friday only,I passed on it . When I decided I wanted one that is when I looked at refurbished iPads. The price was lower I believe about $50.00 for the 16g wifi compared to a new one.I waited and none were left. When I went back they had them and had taken another $20.00 off. That's when I jumped on the deal .

☮ ♥ 

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's refurbs though.
I don't know if the OP cares but personally I want a brand-new device that hasn't been used and then wiped off and sent back out for resale. I just feel like something might go wrong.

But this isn't a thread about me. So, Apple discounts refurbs on black Friday, I guess?

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
graywolf said:
That's refurbs though.
I don't know if the OP cares but personally I want a brand-new device that hasn't been used and then wiped off and sent back out for resale. I just feel like something might go wrong.

But this isn't a thread about me. So, Apple discounts refurbs on black Friday, I guess?

Now, now Grayson, Apple do not just wipe them off and sell them on. What you get is an "As New" machine at a bargain price, check out this link for more details as we do like "good" information here http://store.apple.com/uk/browse/home/specialdeals/refurbfaq_popup

Just to back that up, I have bought both an iPad and a White MacBook from the refurb store and you would not be able to tell them from new.

The Archangel

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Now, now Grayson, Apple do not just wipe them off and sell them on. What you get is an "As New" machine at a bargain price, check out this link for more details as we do like "good" information here Apple Certified Refurbished Products - Apple Store (UK)

Just to back that up, I have bought both an iPad and a White MacBook from the refurb store and you would not be able to tell them from new.

The Archangel
I can confirm the same. I've purchased several Apple refurbished products over the years and no one could tell the refurb from new except for the box they came in. Same one-year warranty as new and eligible for Apple Care (extends the warranty to three years). I've never once regretted buying a refurb from Apple (or saving hundreds of dollars! :) ). The only downside is that you have to wait if you want to buy something introduced fairly recently...and you have to jump on the more popular products as they're usually only available for a few hours from Apple's website.

Last edited:

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah... Yeah... Apple runs their quality control magic on them.
I guess I am just weird about it. I just feel like something that didn't show up during the quality check will go wrong and I will be out of a device for a few weeks while my device gets fixed. And that can be detrimental because I use my iPad for everything at school and I can't risk loosing notes and stuff for a few weeks.

But this isn't a thread about my refurb fears. :)

Wookiee2cu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't think I've ever seen brand new apple products discounted. Apple is very strict regarding their pricing and protecting their image, could be wrong but I dont recall seeing discounts.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Target has a special this week, if you purchase an ipad2-you receive a $40 gift card with it!

ipad987

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I don't think Apple will discount for the fear of people who had purchased an ipad just previously wanting a partial refund. I would hate it if I bought an iPad on the Saturday for $500 only to find it was discounted on Cyber Monday and was sold at $400.

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I don't think Apple will discount for the fear of people who had purchased an ipad just previously wanting a partial refund. I would hate it if I bought an iPad on the Saturday for $500 only to find it was discounted on Cyber Monday and was sold at $400.

Yeah, that is an issue but prices dropping can and does happen on all kinds pf products. There isnt much you can really do about it. I would say that if you are thinking of buying right now, it might be advantageous to wait for the Holiday season to get going and see where prices are at.

As for deals on certain days, I hope they do it. We want to get our oldest daughter an iPad but the 2 is just too pricey. A refurbed iPad 1 would be perfect! heres hoping.... ;)

emm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Last Black Friday (2010) I got a bluetooth keyboard and an iPad for a gift at 10% off on the Apple website. That in effect covered the sales tax and a bit more. Let's see if they offer the discount again this year. The were new, not refurbished.

Most reactions