What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bill Gates tells Steve Job about IPad over 3 yrs. Ago..WOW!

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Check out the link below. I never knew that. They were on a side by side tv interview several years ago and asked what the future of computing would be like in 5 years. Bill gates is the one who actually described iPad type technology and Steve jobs was the one talkin more about pc's and desktops n such. Steve got the idea from bill gates but Steve is the one who pioneered the idea. Kudos to both or the iPad may have never existed. So we owe partial thnkx to Bill gates for the iPad. The richest man in the world always has his hands in the latest tech or has something to do with it. I guess that's why Bill has been the richest man in the Whole world for like decades now..check link below
iPad Forum | iPad News - Bill Gates tell Steve Jobs about the iPad over 3 years ago

Last edited:

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Steve said that the iPhone was developed from work done for a tablet. Think it was on last years AllthingsD conf.. He was probably trying to keep off the subject :)
Don't think the Newton dream ever died.

OP
D

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gosh, Steve jobs looks very healthy n kinda buff n this vid. His health and appearance has diminished dramatically these last few years. I just noticed that.

hookbill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gosh, Steve jobs looks very healthy n kinda buff n this vid. His health and appearance has diminished dramatically these last few years. I just noticed that.

Well for a guy who had 6 weeks to live 2 weeks ago, he looked pretty darn good to me.

OP
D

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Steve even mentions the term "post PC" in the video and gets flamed for it by the interviewer. Interviewer said editors write n complain about that term. U should see the look on Steve face..lmao

OP
D

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Well for a guy who had 6 weeks to live 2 weeks ago, he looked pretty darn good to me.

I didn't know his health has been that bad. Damn, I do wish him the best on his recovery. U right what about u said.

MadChef

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just a quick side note Bill Gates is no longer the worlds richest man. Since giving up some of his fortune to the Bill and Linda Gates Foundation he is now only worth $49 billion. Had he not given up one third of his fortune he would be worth about $88 billion. A Mexican named Carlos Slim is the leader at $60 billion.

OP
D

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just a quick side note Bill Gates is no longer the worlds richest man. Since giving up some of his fortune to the Bill and Linda Gates Foundation he is now only worth $49 billion. Had he not given up one third of his fortune he would be worth about $88 billion. A Mexican named Carlos Slim is the leader at $60 billion.

That's right. I forgot about Carlos. Well bill is still the richest American in the world is probaly still at least 2nd or 3rd. Lol

Junior

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
macaddictionblog.wordpress.com
Sounds like perfect execution of mis-direction. No one will know for sure, but maybe Jobs' misdirection about the real plans for the future of computing kept the competition at bay. Lie about what you're really planning until it becomes a reality.

No one knows for sure.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The development on the iPad was started well before this interview. I am sure that Gates had Jobs worried that they might have something in the wings, but you know Steve would be tight lipped about any subject that is going to be a future happening.

OP
D

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The development on the iPad was started well before this interview. I am sure that Gates had Jobs worried that they might have something in the wings, but you know Steve would be tight lipped about any subject that is going to be a future happening.

True..lol Steve looked kinda sneaky or shady like he was hiding something and Bill was just yapping cuz he didn't care since he sooo filthy rich off of windows ;-)

thekarens

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Microsoft and Gates were and have been making tablets long before the idea ever crossed Apple's mind. They just did a terrible job of it and their tablets never took off.

Most reactions