What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BigStream for iPad

Cincybearcatfan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought BigStream for my iPad Andi was wondering if anyone else bought it as well. I am not overwhelmed with it but it does work. I can stream Netflix and SOME apps. Through my projector or to my tv. It is not hd, it is VGA through composite cables. It will get fuzzy and sound staticy at times. Colors also get distorted at times. When it is working, it works well, anyone else using it and have any insight they can share?

In case you have no idea what I'm talking about you can check it out here. www.getbigstream.com

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

OP
Cincybearcatfan

Cincybearcatfan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It doesn't connect wirelessly. I need to be able to move freely around my classroom teaching without being tethered.

iOS_guy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I recently bought a Bigstream as well so I could stream my content wirelessly. I hate having a cable running across the floor so the Bigstream works great for that.

I had a little static so I adjusted the channel selection on the receiver and transmitter and that cleared it up right away. The other thing I did was make sure I had a nice, clean line of sight between the receiver and transmitter and that really helped.

I hope my tricks help!

HKWrite12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wolfpuppies3 said:
Just use Apple's Component AV cable for crystal clear connectivity. Works for me and only $39!

Apple Component AV Cable - Apple Store (U.S.)

I got one free bc of some poor customer service. THE BOMB!!!! when I move into my apartment and get my flat screen, I probably will be exploring wireless streaming but I'm fine for now with airplay and cord. NETFLIX TOO. MY FAV

JesD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
To those who are using Bigstream, do you have the receiver plugged into a TV or a projector? I also am interested in using my iPad in my classroom and the IT people are having issues with me connecting it to the PC, afraid it will compromise the network. So connecting directly to the LCD projector might be a better option... Have you tried this?

OP
Cincybearcatfan

Cincybearcatfan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
JesD said:
To those who are using Bigstream, do you have the receiver plugged into a TV or a projector? I also am interested in using my iPad in my classroom and the IT people are having issues with me connecting it to the PC, afraid it will compromise the network. So connecting directly to the LCD projector might be a better option... Have you tried this?

I connect to a wireless projector everyday. Only a handful of apps work doing it though. I have hope that after jailbreak all will be available. In order to get sound I bought a AV to 3.5mm cable a female to female connector that way I could plug my speakers into one end of the connector and the 3.5 from the AV to 3.5 into the other end of the connector. Works like a charm.

JesD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, Cincy. I ordered one today and hope to be testing it out, soon.

My projector is mounted high up, but it's hard-wired to my computer and to a DVD player. I was wondering today if it would work to plug the Bigstream into the DVD player to just pass along the signal to the projector. If that works, I won't have to ask for a cherry picker (or a very brave person) to be brought into my room.

iOS_guy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am using Bigstream with a jailbroken iPhone and iPad. With a jailbroken device, all apps work as a mirror. But if an app already has TV out enabled, it should work as intended, and not just as a mirror.

Most reactions

Latest posts