What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Biggest annoyance with the iPad?

What are your biggest annoyances with the iPad? (4.2.1)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dieverdog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I find the glare and reflections are bothersome more often than I would have thought. I know there are screens to help with that - I just haven't gone out to get one yet. Not much else really bugs me about it so far - I love my iPad!

papabear55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
FLASH, but I solved that with splashtop app. Now I just need a way to print to a non air printer. I have an Epson wireless, but the Epson app is useless for anything besides pictures.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

papabear55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, that's good to know. Only problem is I got rid of my old pc :(

Sent from my iPad using iPF

55julie55

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I hate the fact that when I go to bed the wifi connection cuts out and I have to read my ibooks.
In a primitive location so have to wait until morning to check the ipf ,news and emails.
Not sure how I survived before my iPad
Oh for a stronger wireless router

speedlever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Depending on the router, there may be custom firmware that will allow you to adjust the transmit power of the router. OTOH, if the power is too strong, it can scramble the data. But it might be something you could play with and see if you can find a happy medium.

For instance I use Tomato firmware on my Linksys WRT54G/v3 router and can adjust power output. I cranked up power to the max for a test one time and discovered that my throughput dropped. I don't recall what I set it back to, but you may find something like that to help your situation. Or not. ;)

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Scramble the data? If you manage somehow to overdrive the transmitter you would not even be able to connect, however I cannot imagine any configuration that would allow you to do this in a commercial product. It would fail FCC restrictions in the US

-t

speedlever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Scramble the data was a poor choice of words on my part. I meant it could inversely affect the throughput if the power is too high. I can't explain why, but my experience is that I had to dial it back down to increase the throughput.

If you mean that you can't imagine any commercial product that will allow you to change the transmitter power, well, I don't know what to tell you. I believe the default transmit power is set relatively low... and there may be a reason for it.

Here's some some info that may help the person with weak wireless signals.

Last edited:

55julie55

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks for all all the suggestions.
Will do a number on it today and will advise if we are able to get a better result.
Thanks again

Babyboy71su

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iOS 5 will fix one of my problems but I don't like that if you open a new web page from a link within a web page it brings you to the newly opened page. I don't like not having flash and skyfire is junk, it works ok sometimes on my iphone but the ipad app is junk. I don't like getting kicked out of the app store eveytime you download an app. I know it's over I just wanted to vent. ;-P

DM51

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Biggest annoyance - the lousy keyboard:
1. Having to toggle between 3 screens
2. No arrow keys, just that stupid little magnifying glass thing
3. No forward delete key

bat0nas

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I answered - other. The annoyance is: iPad (iOS in general) has no file system.

I see most of you selected - no flash. Can't understand that. Really. I haven't missed flash at all. I support Apple's idea to get rid of the flash.

Rick-WW3DE

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm with DM51 wrt the lack of arrow keys and forward delete. The bubble thing is a royal pain. I do miss having flash too, however. Sorry, Apple. The reason for not making it available appears to have more to do with corporate politics than user satisfaction. A USB port would be nice too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts