What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Biggest annoyance with the iPad?

What are your biggest annoyances with the iPad? (4.2.1)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tinman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The biggest lack of functionality in iOS/iPad world is the lack of search within a page i.e. just found an interesting article on web in Safari, and then you have to ad all through to find the word you seatched for (no Ctrl+F) :-(

Sent from my iPad using iPF
Then you will be happy to know you can do just that. :)

When in Safari type what you are looking for in the search box--usually for Google searches. As you start typing the bottom of the suggestion list is "On This Page" which as the wording suggests is a search on that page itself--just like Ctrl/Command-F.

Michael

Reaction score
Tinman said:

When in Safari type what you are looking for in the search box--usually for Google searches. As you start typing the bottom of the suggestion list is "On This Page" which as the wording suggests is a search on that page itself--just like Ctrl/Command-F.

Michael

Just learned something new.

Thank you for sharing this tip, it is very useful.

PeteS

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tinman said:

Michael

Thanks that actually works (though not as smart as Ctrl+F) - thanks

speedlever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
What's up with an app that requires flash to work?

I got the March Madness app which is advertised as allowing you to watch every game. So I go to watch a game and the app tells me to get flash. ?????

kam187

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lack of flash is anoying, but having seen how bad it runs on osx I'm not that sure I want it on the ipad!

Tinman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lack of flash is anoying, but having seen how bad it runs on osx I'm not that sure I want it on the ipad!
On both my Mac and PC Flash is one the most inefficient pieces of software running. It consistently balloons out of control in both memory and CPU usage. And this is just leaving a Facebook open or something minor... not actually "doing" anything.

Michael

sarap808

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gabriel1 said:
ISwifter......I have this on my (not jailbroken) iPad 1 and it gives me flash accessibility on flash based sites so therefore it is available on 1 & 2 and it's free.

Ditto- iswifter is great

Ncaissie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The biggest lack of functionality in iOS/iPad world is the lack of search within a page i.e. just found an interesting article on web in Safari, and then you have to ad all through to find the word you seatched for (no Ctrl+F) :-(

Michael

That is awesome.
Thanks

Good karma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I hate attaching pictures from flickR to webpages, its very tedious to do so on the ipad. Anyone know a bettervway to do this on the ipad that is hassle free? When i do so, i always use the laptop as its much easier :(

stelios

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tinman said:

Michael

Hello, can you pls tell me if you know of course how can I transfer movies fm my pc(vista) to ipad?

rhymer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No Itenet access

My Ipad (1) can see my router and its name (NETGEAR) and shows that it is connected to the router but it can not see the internet any more!

It stopped seeing the internet a couple of weeks ago. Turned it on one morning and no net appeared! I use puppy Linux.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can you get Internet access from your Linux box or is this just an iPad connectivity issue? Are you using the iPad's native Safari browser or a third-party app? I'm assuming, too, that email on the iPad doesn't work either - i.e. it's not a problem restricted to web-browsing alone.

Tim
Scotland

EsJay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not being able to play YouTube videos on my Facebook wall. I can post (thru F/B on Safari) links to YouTube videos fine, but they won't play on the iPad. I know that the problem is because YouTube videos are Flash, but they work in the YouTube Player, and more pointedly, they play inline when embedded in other website pages. What I mean is that there are plenty of websites that I can see and play an embedded YouTube video inline (right there within the web-page w/o popping open a separate window.) I believe that's possible because YouTube videos (Flash) are served in H.264 when an iPad or iPhone is detected. Since the ability to play YouTube videos inline is available elsewhere on the web, why doesn't it work on FaceBook on my iPad?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts