What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Biggest annoyance with the iPad?

What are your biggest annoyances with the iPad? (4.2.1)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

thormcse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can not be discerning until you try it and you can not try it until you buy it in iTunes. I bought ssh app that stated they worked on cisco router and were no go. Many emails to the developer back and forth doing obvious things and still didn't work. Its just annoying not a deal breaker. My iPad is a nice toy. One of the nicest toys I own. Oh by the way safari sucks and why does it keep sucking? Just wondering.

DaveSt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
24 hours would seem fair in terms of if it were a mistake. I often download an app before I'm heading out and don't fully try it until the next day. I've fortunately never downloaded one in error, but I have a bunch that weren't quite as useful as I thought, (mostly from iPhone), but since iPad, I am more discerning.

The problem is a bunch of people were downloading games and playing the crap out of them to finish in less than a day, then going back for a refund. I guess if you have nothing better to do you could conceivably play almost endlessly and never actually spend a cent. As it is now, I think the 15 minutes is simply in case you mistakenly buy an app (or one of your kids does). I think there should be at least a couple of hours, but then again some app stores don't allow any reimbursements at all ...

saphire

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have had my ipad 3 weeks my biggest gripe is not having arrow keys on the qwerty keyboard so I can go back in a sentence to correct it, being partially sighted I can't get the cursor in the correct place so end up having to retype everything.:mad:

Last edited:

zorah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
24 hours would seem fair in terms of if it were a mistake. I often download an app before I'm heading out and don't fully try it until the next day. I've fortunately never downloaded one in error, but I have a bunch that weren't quite as useful as I thought, (mostly from iPhone), but since iPad, I am more discerning.

The problem is a bunch of people were downloading games and playing the crap out of them to finish in less than a day, then going back for a refund. I guess if you have nothing better to do you could conceivably play almost endlessly and never actually spend a cent. As it is now, I think the 15 minutes is simply in case you mistakenly buy an app (or one of your kids does). I think there should be at least a couple of hours, but then again some app stores don't allow any reimbursements at all ...

Now a bunch of people playing games like that then trying to get a refund is certainly baloney! That makes sense, and to offset that sort of thing, I can understand the rules. Most of the apps aren't all that much money comparably anyway.

zorah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can not be discerning until you try it and you can not try it until you buy it in iTunes. I bought ssh app that stated they worked on cisco router and were no go. Many emails to the developer back and forth doing obvious things and still didn't work. Its just annoying not a deal breaker. My iPad is a nice toy. One of the nicest toys I own. Oh by the way safari sucks and why does it keep sucking? Just wondering.

Yeah, I do get what you are saying. I mean, I am as discerning as I can be, since I know there are no refunds. Your experience with that app is definitely different-if it was stated it works with your router and didn't, then you should get a refund someway, even if it is a $.99 app. (don't know if that's what you paid-just making a point). The developer sounds like he tried, but still it was billed as working with your router. As for Safari, LOL, can't help you there.

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
saphire said:
I have had my ipad 3 weeks my biggest gripe is not having arrow keys on the qwerty keyboard so I can go back in a sentence to correct it, being partially sighted I can't get the cursor in the correct place so end up having to retype everything.:mad:

Get a Bluetooth keyboard, they have cursor control.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Taxandria

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't love having to press the Home button so often and how the apps keep running in the background. I can't think of anything else really awful. It does weigh a little bit much and the other things you have in the poll are legit but none of them really drive me crazy.

speedlever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
After having my iPad for 2 months, I'd have to say that I really enjoy it. The main shortcomings that stand out to me are:
1) No USB
2) No flash
3) No expandable storage (not yet a problem)
4) Yoked to iTunes for updates, etc.

But hey! Nothing is perfect.

Kolakowj

iPF Noob
Reaction score
saphire said:

I agree. I hate not having arrows.

Taxandria

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I changed my mind -- USB and expandable storage would be rockin'. I'm not so much missing Flash but I can see how the USB/SD card would help tremendously.

AlunReynolds

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Flash seems to be the biggest bugbear for most people. For me though its not that important. I find there is very little I need to do which simply must have Flash. In fact the lack of it does remove some very annoying animations (adverts mostly) from some of the newspaper and blog sites i frequent.

I really don't understand the call for expandability regarding memory or storage. I store almost all my documents and files on iDisk (other cloud storage products are available). My music is stored on the iPad and I have a lot of apps and I still have over half the memory available.

So, my only bugbear really is that the pad is a bit heavy for an e-reader. I have the Kindle app, but have found myself returning to books simply because they are in a better format for reading in bed.

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Flash used to be important to me but more and more sites have started to offer html5 and some like my favorite tv station (Radio Canada) have an app that allows to watch episodes of tv shows old and new. It's in French but the tou.tv app is very well made.

Sjwred

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iVan said:
Flash used to be important to me but more and more sites have started to offer html5 and some like my favorite tv station (Radio Canada) have an app that allows to watch episodes of tv shows old and new. It's in French but the tou.tv app is very well made.

Try= Tv catchup .com follow iPad link, it shows a lot of tv but depends on your region

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions