What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bigger iPad pros in the works?

Padcatt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Has there been any word from apple as to whether larger iPad Pros are planned?
Be nice to have 18” or even 24”...for artists and designers...portability would go out the window.

would such an iPad be crazy expensive?

Aerofly

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Has there been any word from apple as to whether larger iPad Pros are planned?
Be nice to have 18” or even 24”...for artists and designers...portability would go out the window.

would such an iPad be crazy expensive?

If you really have a need for a larger iPad Pro then surely a cheaper option would be to connect a separate large high res monitor to your existing iPad Pro?

OP
P

Padcatt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Fair question, but it’s as much about the hands-on area as it is about screen size.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If Apple makes a significantly larger touch/drawing device, I don’t think it will be a tablet. If you are going to sacrifice the portability of the design, why be limited by the other constraints of tablets. Some kind of workstation (semi-portable or not) would make more sense. However, I don’t see Apple making something that niche. There would need to be some other major applications, where drawing is only one of the many possible uses.

I have heard a few rumors of larger, much larger, tablets. However, there are rumors like that every year, and I haven't heard of any from the more reliable guess makers.

Who knows. Maybe Apple will shift gears and include touch with the new Apple Silicon laptops when they arrive, with sizes more in line with what you’d like. Rumors on that front are wilder than rumor of new iPads.

Most reactions

Latest posts