What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bigger desktop on new iPad

mcmaklin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there, is it possible to hack a new iPad the way that desktop will be bigger? (like in RetinaMacbookPro you can do everything smaller and have desktop dimensions bigger that 1920x1200? (of course the screen is not so sharp this way)

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Jailbreaking is the term for iPad hacking, and we have an entire section of the site dedicated to it...

There are various tweaks which would do what you want.

Iconoclasm allows you to define the grid layout of the springoboard, so I have mine set up in 5x5 configuration, but you can go much higher if you like.

Another tweak is Shrink, which does as you would expect, and allows you to shrink the icons. When combined with Iconoclasm you can put many more icons on each screen.

Head on over to our Hacking Section and read our stickies there to find out more. All the information you need should be already there.

Here is an example of my screen with a 5x5 layout...

3ymevy4e.jpg

Bluray

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If you are jailbroken, check out a paid tweak called springtomize in cydia. You can really make your iPad stand out from the rest with the amount of customization you can do from it. ;)

OP
M

mcmaklin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok thanks but the thing I want to do is not experimenting with icons but to have a double desktop space for apps when using Retina display (to pretend it is not retina)

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry, but you cannot scale any part of IOS or it's apps, so what you want to achieve is not possible.

You might want to look into the Quasar windowing tweak, but it's still not exactly what you are after.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts