What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Big Mess with IPAD 2 and best buy

pikapp168

iPF Noob
Reaction score
vinnan said:
Hi all

Thanks a lot for the comments again

Just came back from best buy and met the manager...

initially when i started explaining the story to the manager she stopped me and said "Wait i heard this happened yesterday and we cannot do anything"

i was like wtf and started raising my voice in the middle of the floor..then a guy came in apparently "Customer Relations guy" and i explained him about the story in detailed and told him if this cannot be resolved in a civil way..i will have to call the cops and even go on to an extreme of doing a finger print analysis in the "fake wrapper" to see if the best buy sales reps finger print is on it....

The guy took my receipt inside and asked me to hold on to the product and the "Wrapper" and came back after 30 mins and said "i took a copy of your receipt and will have to investigate with all the employees involved and will call me back by tonight"

and he called me back said he was really sorry and he checked a lot of things and then finally gave an exchange with in next 1 hr :) :) :) :) :) :)

you guys are awesome.....all your help is really appreciated in getting this matter solved.... i am really really really happy now and gonna go grab a drink...

Do u wanna sell one since u have 2 ipad 2's now?! I kid I kid Haha good job! Maybe your ready to be an investigator now if your not already.

I'm selling my White iPad 2 64Gb wifi because our company is giving us all iPad 2's to use in the field. I'm so glad that they couldn't have told me this 4 hrs before I bought it. I'm selling it for $50 over cost. It comes with a Griffin Case. $850 if your interested.

accordlayingkit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
pikapp168 said:
I'm selling my White iPad 2 64Gb wifi because our company is giving us all iPad 2's to use in the field. I'm so glad that they couldn't have told me this 4 hrs before I bought it. I'm selling it for $50 over cost. It comes with a Griffin Case. $850 if your interested.

Naw Thanks I was jus kidding, I have a 32gb white one coming I ordered at 4am on the 11th

Futurebird

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm so glad that this worked out-- wish you could have been spared the hassle and drama.

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all

Thanks a lot for the comments again

Just came back from best buy and met the manager...

initially when i started explaining the story to the manager she stopped me and said "Wait i heard this happened yesterday and we cannot do anything"

i was like wtf and started raising my voice in the middle of the floor..then a guy came in apparently "Customer Relations guy" and i explained him about the story in detailed and told him if this cannot be resolved in a civil way..i will have to call the cops and even go on to an extreme of doing a finger print analysis in the "fake wrapper" to see if the best buy sales reps finger print is on it....

The guy took my receipt inside and asked me to hold on to the product and the "Wrapper" and came back after 30 mins and said "i took a copy of your receipt and will have to investigate with all the employees involved and will call me back by tonight"

and he called me back said he was really sorry and he checked a lot of things and then finally gave an exchange with in next 1 hr :) :) :) :) :) :)

you guys are awesome.....all your help is really appreciated in getting this matter solved.... i am really really really happy now and gonna go grab a drink...

I'm so glad this worked out for you. I know u can finally let out that deep sigh..lol. From reading this story alone, I'm checking all major electronics purchases in the store. Opening the box right then n there. They ain't gonna pull same trick on me..lmfao I know u very happy now. They should've gave u a free DV adapter n BT keyboard for the hassle you went thru.

richgalen

iPF Novice
Reaction score
ANOTHER reason I would starve to death as a crook. I would never have thought of taking the i-2 out of the box; putting my i-1 back in, shrink-wrapping it, and taking it back to the store. If only they used their wits for good ...!:)

tc8z

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Glad to hear it went well in the end, despite the ordeal. BB customer service stinks.

tweeter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gotta give the devil his due

Glad to hear it went well in the end, despite the ordeal. BB customer service stinks.

I tend to avoid BB because of the horrible service. I was in there Saturday with my granddaughter to get her a new mouse, and just wander around. For the first time EVAH, we had two (2), yes, TWO very nice salesmen! And they actually seemed to know what they were talking about! I was seriously impressed. If all of their salespeople were that nice and knowledgeable I'd enjoy shopping there.

They were a bit better before Circuit City went under. Our Circuit City was awesome, and their only competition here.

Keep in mind that our BB had a rating of 1.4 out of 5 the last I looked...and that was sometime last week when I was scouting out info on the iPads.

Most reactions

Latest posts