Big Changes at Apple Retail Stores Expected

Discussion in 'Apple iPad News' started by Maura, Feb 4, 2015.

By Maura on Feb 4, 2015 at 3:31 PM
  1. Maura

Maura
    Expand Collapse
    iPadForums News Team

Thanks Received:
    Apple Retail changes.JPG
    AppleInsider reports that big changes are afoot at Apple’s retail stores thanks to the new retail chief Angela Ahrendts (formerly of Burberry).

Sources who spoke to ifoAppleStore’s Gary Allen said that Ahrendts is thinking of adding new seating areas in many of the flagship Apple stores to give customers a new area where they can sit and relax. This would be in addition to the Genius Bar stools.

Of course some Apple retail stores already have benches to sit on (mainly the bigger ones), but anyone who’s ever visited an Apple store will tell you that there’s not really anywhere that you can kick back and relax, so this could be a very good idea!

There has also been some movement of key personal within Apple’s retail division, with Apple’s vice president of retail real estate and development Bob Bridger due to leave in March, allegedly because of “dissatisfaction with major changes coming to the operation of the retail stores within the next few months,” in the words of Allen.

Other recent changes made by Ahrendts include new blue shirts with re-positioned Apple logos (now placed over the heart) for Apple Store employees.

Source: http://appleinsider.com/articles/15...tores-as-angela-ahrendts-era-is-in-full-swing

Comments

Discussion in 'Apple iPad News' started by Maura, Feb 4, 2015.

1. The OB
      The OB
      Seating areas? A great idea. Apple has realised that not all their product users are in their 20s and 30s. And that some countries have ageing populations where even some ardent Apple fans may be using walking canes. :)
      Andrew

Sent from my iPad Air2 using Tapatalk
    2. skimonkey
      skimonkey
      I agree with you Andrew...it would be nice to have an area to sit. I bring my Mom on occasion and she does tire easy after standing for some time. I'd certainly help those take a load off, especially when having to wait on something in the store.
    3. s2mikey
      s2mikey
      A bunch of pub height tables and chairs would be great. Give it that pub or cafe look. Kewl.
    4. col.bris
      col.bris
      Serve fosters and cookies and great American coffee
    5. scifan57
      scifan57
      You forgot the fruit bowls full of fresh apples.;)
    6. col.bris