What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Big Changes at Apple Retail Stores Expected

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
Apple Retail changes.JPG
AppleInsider reports that big changes are afoot at Apple’s retail stores thanks to the new retail chief Angela Ahrendts (formerly of Burberry).

Sources who spoke to ifoAppleStore’s Gary Allen said that Ahrendts is thinking of adding new seating areas in many of the flagship Apple stores to give customers a new area where they can sit and relax. This would be in addition to the Genius Bar stools.

Of course some Apple retail stores already have benches to sit on (mainly the bigger ones), but anyone who’s ever visited an Apple store will tell you that there’s not really anywhere that you can kick back and relax, so this could be a very good idea!

There has also been some movement of key personal within Apple’s retail division, with Apple’s vice president of retail real estate and development Bob Bridger due to leave in March, allegedly because of “dissatisfaction with major changes coming to the operation of the retail stores within the next few months,” in the words of Allen.

Other recent changes made by Ahrendts include new blue shirts with re-positioned Apple logos (now placed over the heart) for Apple Store employees.

Source: http://appleinsider.com/articles/15...tores-as-angela-ahrendts-era-is-in-full-swing

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Seating areas? A great idea. Apple has realised that not all their product users are in their 20s and 30s. And that some countries have ageing populations where even some ardent Apple fans may be using walking canes. :)
Andrew

Sent from my iPad Air2 using Tapatalk

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Seating areas? A great idea. Apple has realised that not all their product users are in their 20s and 30s. And that some countries have ageing populations where even some ardent Apple fans may be using walking canes. :)
Andrew

Sent from my iPad Air2 using Tapatalk

I agree with you Andrew...it would be nice to have an area to sit. I bring my Mom on occasion and she does tire easy after standing for some time. I'd certainly help those take a load off, especially when having to wait on something in the store.

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
A bunch of pub height tables and chairs would be great. Give it that pub or cafe look. Kewl.

Most reactions