What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Big Business - game discussion

brian_jonk

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If anyone has gotten that far yet, do you know if the Candy Carousel in the new birthday event is a reward for successfully building the first three buildings? Or do separate items (hats, fifes etc...) need to be collected for the Carousel building in addition to those collected for the first three? The image in the game is a little misleading. It shows that 400 Balloons, 325 Confetti, 240 Hats, and 120 Fifes are needed to buy the Carousel.

If the Carousel does in fact needs its own items to be collected, that will be an insane number of items to be collected across the four buildings!

ForrestCody

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If anyone has gotten that far yet, do you know if the Candy Carousel in the new birthday event is a reward for successfully building the first three buildings? Or do separate items (hats, fifes etc...) need to be collected for the Carousel building in addition to those collected for the first three? The image in the game is a little misleading. It shows that 400 Balloons, 325 Confetti, 240 Hats, and 120 Fifes are needed to buy the Carousel.

If the Carousel does in fact needs its own items to be collected, that will be an insane number of items to be collected across the four buildings!

just guessing that you need all three but
i think you need 3 of each of the buildings. them you can get the carousel with those 400 b 325 c 240 h and 120 f. and i bet ya you need even more to upgrade.

sooooo,

toy museum
350 x 3 = 1050 balloons
225 x 3 = 675 confetti
125 x 3 = 375 birthday hat

childrens playground
250 x 3 = 750 balloons
110 x 3 = 330 confetti
75 x 3 = 225 birthday hats

yum yum cafe
100 x 3 = 300 balloons
75 x 3 = 225 confetti
50 x 3 = 150 birthday hats

candy carousel
400 balloons
325 confetti
240 hats
120 fifes
upgrade level 2
balloons
confetti
birthday hats
fifes
upgrade level 3
balloons
confetti
birthday hats
fifes

Last edited:

Beck2014

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, does anyone know that if I demolish one of my factories, does the pop requirement revert to the value before?
For eg, building A needs 1000 pop, and building B needs 2000 pop. If I demolish A before I build B, does my pop requirement revert to 1000 or I am stuck with 2000 pop requirement with 1 building less? Not sure if I am clear in my example as I'm trying to see if it's worth trying for that achievement. Thks for any help.

southpaw44

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, does anyone know that if I demolish one of my factories, does the pop requirement revert to the value before?
For eg, building A needs 1000 pop, and building B needs 2000 pop. If I demolish A before I build B, does my pop requirement revert to 1000 or I am stuck with 2000 pop requirement with 1 building less? Not sure if I am clear in my example as I'm trying to see if it's worth trying for that achievement. Thks for any help.
Yeah the pop needed drops if you demolish. So you can for instance blow up a farm and build a papermill without having to increase your pop to the level. It's only if you want to increase the number of buildings that you have to increase your pop. Hope that helps.

ForrestCody

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes if you demo a factory your pop requirement drops back.

Stantera

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For the birthday carasel I hit the max for the balloons. It is still accumulating above the 400 limit. Seems all you need is the totals that's listed on the bottom for balloons, fifes, etc, for the reward. In the meantime, you can buy the smaller items if you want but will probably deduct the cost from your total by doing so.

I'm not going to get any of the smaller items but will try for the grand reward. Unless I get close to the deadline and I know I won't be able to do it. Then I will the smaller ones.

If you get enough over and beyond the total items for the reward and have enough points for one of the other items, then get it if you want. Or if play a lot or spend cc to replenish energy, you can probably get several of these.

I want the reward item. The 4k in happiness is great but really need the 1k points to buy golden wrenches and pliers.

Anyone buy one of the three smaller items yet?

Sorry for the misspellings, iPad won't let me edit without deleting and redoing it.

Stantera

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For the design studio, how do you get the blue and green folder blueprints? I got one when I first added it but none since. What is this for if I can't get the ingredients? This does come from the birthday cake cannon right? Every 6 hrs? Will this go away after the birthday event is over?

ForrestCody

iPF Novice
Reaction score
For the birthday carasel I hit the max for the balloons. It is still accumulating above the 400 limit. Seems all you need is the totals that's listed on the bottom for balloons, fifes, etc, for the reward. In the meantime, you can buy the smaller items if you want but will probably deduct the cost from your total by doing so.

I'm not going to get any of the smaller items but will try for the grand reward. Unless I get close to the deadline and I know I won't be able to do it. Then I will the smaller ones.

If you get enough over and beyond the total items for the reward and have enough points for one of the other items, then get it if you want. Or if play a lot or spend cc to replenish energy, you can probably get several of these.

I want the reward item. The 4k in happiness is great but really need the 1k points to buy golden wrenches and pliers.

Anyone buy one of the three smaller items yet?

Sorry for the misspellings, iPad won't let me edit without deleting and redoing it.

It appears you need all three little buildings prior getting the big prize BUT you need 3 of the 3 little buildings making it 9. When I tried to get the big prize it gave me an error until I obtained all little buildings.

Then you can get the carousel with those 400 b 325 c 240 h and 120 f. and ya you need even more to upgrade.

sooooo,

toy museum
350 x 3 = 1050 balloons
225 x 3 = 675 confetti
125 x 3 = 375 birthday hat

childrens playground
250 x 3 = 750 balloons
110 x 3 = 330 confetti
75 x 3 = 225 birthday hats

yum yum cafe
100 x 3 = 300 balloons
75 x 3 = 225 confetti
50 x 3 = 150 birthday hats

candy carousel
400 balloons
325 confetti
240 hats
120 fifes

upgrade level 2
200 balloons
60 confetti
150 birthday hats
110 fifes

upgrade level 3 not here yet
balloons
confetti
birthday hats
fifes

TOTALS if you upgraded the Candy Carousel after you got it
2700+ balloons
1615+ confetti
1140+ birthday hats
230+ fifes

Without trying to level... If I subtracted correctly
TOTALS if you got the Candy Carousel without any upgrading
2500 balloons
1555 confetti
990 birthday hats
120 fifes

Last edited:

fatacad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It appears you need all three little buildings prior getting the big prize BUT you need 3 of the 3 little buildings making it 9. When I tried to get the big prize it gave me an error until I obtained all little buildings

That's what I also figured, didn't think it would be as easy as Stantera said, as it lists the smaller buildings under "Event Conditions" as well. Didn't know it required 3 of each though. When you say that it costs even more resources to upgrade, are you saying that not only do you need 3x3 of each building, but you need to upgrade them before you can work towards the grand prize?

ForrestCody

iPF Novice
Reaction score
That's what I also figured, didn't think it would be as easy as Stantera said, as it lists the smaller buildings under "Event Conditions" as well. Didn't know it required 3 of each though. When you say that it costs even more resources to upgrade, are you saying that not only do you need 3x3 of each building, but you need to upgrade them before you can work towards the grand prize?

YUP you need them but there is no upgrade for the 3 little building types. You just need 3 buildings in 3 types.

The upgrade comes with the prize of the Candy Carousel 3 levels you can achieve.

However, get the small buildings the best quantity you can before the end Cuz you get :) and coins

2700+ balloons
1615+ confetti
1140+ birthday hats
230+ fifes

2500 balloons
1555 confetti
990 birthday hats
120 fifes

Last edited:

ForrestCody

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Beep beep beep beep beep....beep beep beep beep...
ANNOUNCEMENT this just in

From this time forward the name of Big Business has been formally changed to.......

BUG BUSINESS.....
Amazing what I think while playing this game and my kitty tries to catch a skater (one of those mosquitos that across ponds or get in house and bounce just high enough for kitties to get exhausted!)

Last edited:

brian_jonk

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Wait a minute! So we need 9 little buildings before we can even sniff the Candy Carousel? What. The. Hell?! The GI developers are either high or drunk or both! I don't see how anyone can build 9 buildings in the time we had for this event unless they drop boatloads of city credits to keep refreshing the energy.

Sorry GI ... this guy is going to be the party pooper at your birthday party! I refuse to spend the amount of cc it would need to complete this event. If this is the new trend for all these 'build some buildings to get the major one as a reward" type events, it will give me yet another reason to quit the game.

Bug Business is the perfect name!! Nice one Cody!

Last edited:

Stantera

iPF Noob
Reaction score
YUP you need them but there is no upgrade for the 3 little building types. You just need 3 buildings in 3 types.

The upgrade comes with the prize of the Candy Carousel 3 levels you can achieve.

However, get the small buildings the best quantity you can before the end Cuz you get :) and coins

2700+ balloons
1615+ confetti
1140+ birthday hats
230+ fifes

2500 balloons
1555 confetti
990 birthday hats
120 fifes

Thanks......
Just great. One day left and I only have half of the fife's needed. Guess I will just get the smaller ones.

FUZZYAUFAN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This happy birthday event is another one the game developers have made which is impossible to complete unless you spend Dollars.I have three yum yum cafes and one Children's playground from last year but I gues none of those count for this years event. When i go to build a yum yum cafe it says I have 0 of 3 and the same for the children's play ground even though I have 3 cafe and 1 playgroud. So basically it will take you two to three years of this event to be able to complete it by obtaining enough of the ballons, party hat, etc. What a bunch of BS.

Most reactions