What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Big Bob has joined

Big Bob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Took ages to decide which tablet to choose and had to decide from Archos 101, Advent Vega, IPad 1or2. Read so many reviews that IPad came out on top in most and assuming that newly introduced equipment will need to bed in I opted for the offers on IPad 1. So far am very happy and with the purchase of a case feel very satisfied. Don't need web cam but consider the lack of Flash support a pain but will get over it unless someone has any workaround to sneak it in! At the moment I am testing free apps some of which are useful and now it's down to me to get used to Apple products.

Will read threads with interest and hopefully pick up and contribute useful info. In meantime any help with Flash would be helpful

Ta. Big Bob

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Big Bob said:
Took ages to decide which tablet to choose and had to decide from Archos 101, Advent Vega, IPad 1or2. Read so many reviews that IPad came out on top in most and assuming that newly introduced equipment will need to bed in I opted for the offers on IPad 1. So far am very happy and with the purchase of a case feel very satisfied. Don't need web cam but consider the lack of Flash support a pain but will get over it unless someone has any workaround to sneak it in! At the moment I am testing free apps some of which are useful and now it's down to me to get used to Apple products.

Will read threads with interest and hopefully pick up and contribute useful info. In meantime any help with Flash would be helpful

Ta. Big Bob

Hi Bob, good choice, as for flash there are a few apps which can help you out if you are desperate. I have started using iSwifter which is free and gives access to flash sites and games. I don't use it much as I don't really need it but have a go and see if it works for you. I think that there are other apps which will probably work as well, maybe an app store search will assist and you can always download and try them then delete them if no good..........have fun!

The Archangel

OP
B

Big Bob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gabriel1 said:
Hi Bob, good choice, as for flash there are a few apps which can help you out if you are desperate. I have started using iSwifter which is free and gives access to flash sites and games. I don't use it much as I don't really need it but have a go and see if it works for you. I think that there are other apps which will probably work as well, maybe an app store search will assist and you can always download and try them then delete them if no good..........have fun!

The Archangel

Gabriel thanks for introducing ISwifter which works but as you say, can only help out and is not the full monte! Tried to use Jailbreak which only caused Safari to crash and where I had to reset to default settings. Have decided to go with what I know and will wait for Adobe to pass the ball so to speak. Thanks for your help

Big Bob

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Big Bob said:
Gabriel thanks for introducing ISwifter which works but as you say, can only help out and is not the full monte! Tried to use Jailbreak which only caused Safari to crash and where I had to reset to default settings. Have decided to go with what I know and will wait for Adobe to pass the ball so to speak. Thanks for your help

Big Bob

Hi Bob, I think you may have to wait a long time for your flash support.....think freezing over and hell! Apple don't like flash, they don't like it at all, there are a number of threads here which cover the reasons why but briefly, there are security issues with it and in addition html5 is making flash an outdated technology.

My suggestion would be to contact the developer of iSwifter through the app store link and tell him what you need as he has responded positively to queries from other members of this forum......don't ask, don't get!

The Archangel

Most reactions

Latest posts