What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Better Sound

Danboy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We recently went to the lake of the ozarks for a little vacation and of course we took the wifes ipad air. While sitting around the pool we noticed that the volume wasn't very loud. What are our options as far as external speakers, docks or anything else we could hook up to the ipad for more volume while still being portable?

Agent1191

iPF Novice
Reaction score
We recently went to the lake of the ozarks for a little vacation and of course we took the wifes ipad air. While sitting around the pool we noticed that the volume wasn't very loud. What are our options as far as external speakers, docks or anything else we could hook up to the ipad for more volume while still being portable?
I have a Bluetooth speaker for that reason, Works nice

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
image.jpg
I love my Bluetooth Jam Classic wireless speaker set. It's a small portable device and it kicks out a a great sound. The speakers are on top and it fills the room enough where I can be upstairs and still here the music! It runs ~ $ 25-30! Well worth it. :)

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I, too, have a BT speaker--Logitech Mini boom which i've had awhile. Works great for streaming anywhere--I use it all around the property (pool, studio, porches) and house. Its small enough to just grab with the Ipad or Iphone, tucks into bag easily. There are lots of BT options now.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. So these just plug into the iPad Air? Available on Amazon I suppose?

No they work on a Bluetooth signal between your iPad and the speaker. When you first get your speaker, you will need to go into your iPad settings and turn on the Bluetooth. Once on it needs to pick up the BT signal from the speaker. The pic I showed you has a USB cord for recharging.

My husband bought mine at Staples. I have also seen them at BestBuy.

OP
D

Danboy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Great, Thanks skimonkey, sounds just like what we need. The wife says she will pick one up when she is close to a Best Buy.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. So these just plug into the iPad Air? Available on Amazon I suppose?

Hello - as already posted, you have several options: 1) Powered speakers that plug into your headphone jack; and 2) Speakers that connect wirelessly w/ Bluetooth (BT) - so you need to decide whether you want a cabled or a wireless connection?

On trips, I carry my MP3 music on an iPod (an iPad is basically the same for that need) - I use to have portable speakers that were wired; but the BT option is what I use now. For my personal listening (e.g. exercising @ the YMCA or in a hotel exercise room), I use BT Rocketfish headphones (pic below) - work great; for 'in the room' listening, I have a single unit BT speaker from Monster Clarity (also pic below) - Amazon has numerous offerings.

If you want further advice, tell us your preferable options, i.e. cabled or wireless? Headphones or not? Dave :)
6a01156e5accee970c0128768ae976970c-800wi.jpg
611Xx2nK8FL._SL1400_.jpg

OP
D

Danboy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Dave, believe wireless would be the way to go for us, been checking some out at Best Buy and I see the prices are all over the place. Need to go sometime and listen to them, but I do like the price of the one skimonkey suggested. :D

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Thanks Dave, believe wireless would be the way to go for us, been checking some out at Best Buy and I see the prices are all over the place. Need to go sometime and listen to them, but I do like the price of the one skimonkey suggested. :D

Hi again Danboy - the two 'listening' devices I showed in my post cost me about $60 each, so can't get much cheaper - in fact, I bought the headphones @ Best Buy - I suggest that you visit a local store w/ your iPad and test some of the headphone and/or speakers options out - seems that BT will be your choice. Dave :)

red_seal

iPF Novice
Reaction score
In my house I use sonos play:1s, they're not outdoor. but if you're looking for really good indoor wireless speakers I suggest checking them out as well : )

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I use a Braven 625s. I think I've posted pictures of it somewhere. Round about $130 Canadian.

All of these BT speakers can be daisy-chained, btw, so if 5 or 6 are in your budget...

OP
D

Danboy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use a Braven 625s. I think I've posted pictures of it somewhere. Round about $130 Canadian.

All of these BT speakers can be daisy-chained, btw, so if 5 or 6 are in your budget...

So do you mean I can have more than one speaker, like one in each room of my home?

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
So do you mean I can have more than one speaker, like one in each room of my home?

No. They can be wired together. The first accepts the BT signal from the iPad and passes it to the next via a wired connection.

It would be perhaps possible to use long enough wires to go from room to room, but impractical.

Most reactions

Latest posts