Better Sound

Discussion in 'iPad Air Forum' started by Danboy, Jul 13, 2014.

1. Danboy

Danboy
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    We recently went to the lake of the ozarks for a little vacation and of course we took the wifes ipad air. While sitting around the pool we noticed that the volume wasn't very loud. What are our options as far as external speakers, docks or anything else we could hook up to the ipad for more volume while still being portable?

2. Agent1191

Agent1191
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I have a Bluetooth speaker for that reason, Works nice

3. skimonkey

skimonkey
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    image.jpg I love my Bluetooth Jam Classic wireless speaker set. It's a small portable device and it kicks out a a great sound. The speakers are on top and it fills the room enough where I can be upstairs and still here the music! It runs ~ $ 25-30! Well worth it. :)

4. Diane B

Diane B
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    I, too, have a BT speaker--Logitech Mini boom which i've had awhile. Works great for streaming anywhere--I use it all around the property (pool, studio, porches) and house. Its small enough to just grab with the Ipad or Iphone, tucks into bag easily. There are lots of BT options now.

5. Danboy

Danboy
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Thanks everyone. So these just plug into the iPad Air? Available on Amazon I suppose?

6. skimonkey

skimonkey
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    No they work on a Bluetooth signal between your iPad and the speaker. When you first get your speaker, you will need to go into your iPad settings and turn on the Bluetooth. Once on it needs to pick up the BT signal from the speaker. The pic I showed you has a USB cord for recharging.

My husband bought mine at Staples. I have also seen them at BestBuy.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  7. Danboy

Danboy
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Great, Thanks skimonkey, sounds just like what we need. The wife says she will pick one up when she is close to a Best Buy.

8. giradman

giradman
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Monger

Thanks Received:
    Hello - as already posted, you have several options: 1) Powered speakers that plug into your headphone jack; and 2) Speakers that connect wirelessly w/ Bluetooth (BT) - so you need to decide whether you want a cabled or a wireless connection?

On trips, I carry my MP3 music on an iPod (an iPad is basically the same for that need) - I use to have portable speakers that were wired; but the BT option is what I use now. For my personal listening (e.g. exercising @ the YMCA or in a hotel exercise room), I use BT Rocketfish headphones (pic below) - work great; for 'in the room' listening, I have a single unit BT speaker from Monster Clarity (also pic below) - Amazon has numerous offerings.

If you want further advice, tell us your preferable options, i.e. cabled or wireless? Headphones or not? Dave :)
    6a01156e5accee970c0128768ae976970c-800wi.jpg 611Xx2nK8FL._SL1400_.jpg

9. skimonkey

skimonkey
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    You won't be disappointed! Enjoy! :)

10. Danboy

Danboy
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Thanks Dave, believe wireless would be the way to go for us, been checking some out at Best Buy and I see the prices are all over the place. Need to go sometime and listen to them, but I do like the price of the one skimonkey suggested. :D