What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

better quality, take picture & video from that IPAD-mini camera?

psk2299

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do you know how to better quality, take picture & video from that IPAD-mini camera, I want to get better quality FILE(S) , sound that build-in camera apps, IOS 7 is better than IOS 6. (now still used IOS6.X) but need upgrade to iOS7 ? or some 3-RD paid app(s) can help me? any advice please!

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
When you update to the latest software, you have the possibility to enable HDR in the Camera app.

image-1699149247.jpg

Last edited:

cecilrwilliams

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Do you know how to better quality, take picture & video from that IPAD-mini camera, I want to get better quality FILE(S) , sound that build-in camera apps, IOS 7 is better than IOS 6. (now still used IOS6.X) but need upgrade to iOS7 ? or some 3-RD paid app(s) can help me? any advice please!

If you are looking for DLSR quality, there really is no way. iPad Air has a better camera. Still Samsung and others put the iPad to shame.

Maybe the next upgrade will have a better pixel (10-12) range camera.

OP
P

psk2299

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks, but hardware no changed (still IPAD-mini/IOS 6) is it software problem? (1) upgrade IOS to 7.1 and still use build-in apps: Camera/Videos? (2) get that 3-rd camera/video apps? (3) no changed, IOS 6 that build-in apps fine! and : how to set MAX/high quality pixel? AFAIK, is it fee/paid apps better than FREE apps? which method better?

Last edited:

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
thanks, but hardware no changed (still IPAD-mini/IOS 6) is it software problem? (1) upgrade IOS to 7.1 and still use build-in apps: Camera/Videos? (2) get that 3-rd camera/video apps? (3) no changed, IOS 6 that build-in apps fine! and : how to set MAX/high quality pixel? AFAIK, is it fee/paid apps better than FREE apps? which method better?
Here are the technical specifications for the iPad mini:

image-2155447904.jpg

That's what you have to work with. Third party camera apps such as Pro HDR or True HDR might improve the performance of the camera a bit. There's no setting to select pixels, though.

cecilrwilliams

iPF Novice
Reaction score

See J. A post. With a 5MP camera, your photo's should be decent, but not what the 12 and 13MP phones now support. You can touch up, remove noise, etc on you PC with Lightroom, Photoshop programs; however, none of these will increase the original photo 5MP limit.

How bad are your photo's? Could you post a non-personal one, nature shot? Always possible camera sensor could be bad, if photos are really terrible.

OP
P

psk2299

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks your advice. this is first used apple device. but I prefer used that "Camera/Video" apps more than ...(almost, offline used) anyway in DC, I can easy to set "Best+High Quality" and "pixel: set MAX value" almost ~6-8MB each picture. but if used MINI, is it simple set that "Quality".? is it not recommended? apple device just used that "Camera/Video" , same as DC that function , waste that apple device function?

Last edited:

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It has 5 mp, you can't choose the quality of the photos. There's nothing in Settings that allows changing pixels or anything else.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
thanks your advice. this is first used apple device. but I prefer used that "Camera/Video" apps more than ...(almost, offline used) anyway in DC, I can easy to set "Best+High Quality" and "pixel: set MAX value" almost ~6-8MB each picture. but if used MINI, is it simple set that "Quality".? is it not recommended? apple device just used that "Camera/Video" , same as DC that function , waste that apple device function?

Hi PSK... - you're not describing your needs & problems very well - not sure what your main issue may be w/ the Mini's camera? As already discussed, the camera is 5 MP which is not bad - my first digital camera was a 2 MP Canon which took great images for internet upload (lower resolution was fine) - NOW, if you are wanting to print these images, then pixel size relative to printed image size is important, i.e. 300 DPI is the usual standard - take a look at the attached image - a 5 MP image should be able to produce an excellent 5 x 7 inch image.

Maybe you need to improve your photo taking? As an example, adequate light is important & holding the iPad absolutely still is crucial - give us some more specific information relative to my questions and also what you are trying to accomplish? Dave :)
megapixel-vs-print-size.png

Most reactions

Latest posts