Better cursor positioning in IOS6?

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by Rends, Jun 21, 2012.

1. Rends

Rends iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Few weeks ago there was a new cursor positioning and word selecting method video demonstration by using the finger sliding over the keyboard.
    Well i can't find it anymore but i also want to know if there will be any changes in IOS6?

2. Mickey330

Mickey330 Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,062 / 0
    That video you saw was someone's concept they were showing off. It was not an Apple/iOS 6 thing, just a private individual's neat idea.

The cool part is that a developer took that concept and made a tweak for it. Now, those with jail broke iPads can get it free from Cydia. It's called SwipeSelection and yes, it's pretty awesome! :D

I've not heard that Apple has any plans to implement this into the iOS...

Marilyn

3. f4780y

f4780y Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +636 / 0
    Just thought I would add, I was sitting next to a chap on the train this morning. Both of us were using our iPad's on the table.

He obviously observed me using swipeselection as I was editing an email and was furiously trying to replicate the behaviour on his iPad!. After a few moments I explained to him that is was a tweak only available on jailbroken devices. A few minutes later he was committed to looking into jailbreaking his device this evening simply for that one feature! :D