What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

bestbuy and ipad 2

Kendo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No no no no no. The second you decided to mention to the forums it was a gift, you gave everyone a right to have an opinion on what a thoughtless selfish thing you did in taking your iPad back.
If you honestly think your wife went out and spent a huge chunk of money on something that would clearly make you smile on Christmas morning and then not care when you threw it back in her face by taking it back, you have problems my friend. Where I come from they call that, selfish and ungrateful.

In response to your actual question, Apple, historically prefer to sell their brand new products from the Apple stores when they first come out. Presumably this is a move to maximise profits directly to Apple and gives their employees a chance of better job security.

Ps- my wife bought me an iPad for Xmas, I smiled allot at the thought and gesture and and it made my Xmas a better one for it. And I'm a 30yr old guy with children.

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The second you decided to mention to the forums it was a gift, you gave everyone a right to have an opinion.

Unfortunately, this is very true. You opened that can of worms. You type it, state it, in a public domain, it is free game.

I would have waited until I got the iPad 2, before I sold my original ~ but hey, that's just me. I can't be too far from mine and to be iPadless, Hell No. Also, you should have researched and read here ~ everything I have learned I learned here from the best of the best ~ this is my first Apple product and even I know it is all rumor and could be a very long wait for you. Or it could be tomorrow ~ or December.

But cheer up charlie! With every post ~ we learn something.:D

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Gentlefury, I don't know why you keep posting long thoughtful replies, only to be told to mind your own business and you have no right to criticize. Upon reading any of your posts--and Ive read many of them in the past six months, I must write and thank you for trying to carry on a good conversation, trying to share insight on any given subject, and trying to remain civil.

After awhile, and a short fuse later, I would've told the OP to get the F off this island buddy, you're not welcome! I guess that is why you are a "super mod". They pay you the big bucks to catch all the flack. :D

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gentlefury, I don't know why you keep posting long thoughtful replies, only to be told to mind your own business and you have no right to criticize. Upon reading any of your posts--and Ive read many of them in the past six months, I must write and thank you for trying to carry on a good conversation, trying to share insight on any given subject, and trying to remain civil.

After awhile, and a short fuse later, I would've told the OP to get the F off this island buddy, you're not welcome! I guess that is why you are a "super mod". They pay you the big bucks to catch all the flack. :D

lol, no pay...just for fun :)

And I'm super because I can walk thru walls and transcend space and time.

OP
G

griswolds

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No no no no no. The second you decided to mention to the forums it was a gift, you gave everyone a right to have an opinion on what a thoughtless selfish thing you did in taking your iPad back.
If you honestly think your wife went out and spent a huge chunk of money on something that would clearly make you smile on Christmas morning and then not care when you threw it back in her face by taking it back, you have problems my friend. Where I come from they call that, selfish and ungrateful.

In response to your actual question, Apple, historically prefer to sell their brand new products from the Apple stores when they first come out. Presumably this is a move to maximise profits directly to Apple and gives their employees a chance of better job security.

Ps- my wife bought me an iPad for Xmas, I smiled allot at the thought and gesture and and it made my Xmas a better one for it. And I'm a 30yr old guy with children.

on second thought. its not worth it. everyone have a good day.

Last edited:

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
you decided to be an ass via a message board and got called on it.

I seriously doubt this. Besides, he does it quite well when needed.

Thank you....I think.....

wait....

I seriously doubt this. Besides, he does it quite well when needed.

Thank you....I think.....

wait....

Congratulations Marie, you got Gentlefury nonplussed!! LOL!!

lol! He was Almost speechless!:D But I really did mean it as a compliment.

OP
G

griswolds

iPF Noob
Reaction score

same as above. I guess this is not the place for me. Enjoy your ipads people. this is not worth me getting angry over, when everyone here just feeds off of it.

enjoy your island.

Last edited:

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
same as above. I guess this is not the place for me. Enjoy your ipads people. this is not worth me getting angry over, when everyone here just feeds off of it.

enjoy your island.

No, to the anger feeding part. Madonna sang it best in her song Material Girl. I highly recommend watching that video.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score

enjoy your island.

No, to the anger feeding part. Madonna sang it best in her song Material Girl. I highly recommend watching that video.

Was that the one she wore the lacey gloves in?

Wakawaka

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can tell you first hand, the ipad 2 will support flash, have a sd card slot, will support 1080p with it's 2900x1400 display.

Also it will have a battery with a 15hr battery life. Also will be offered in store by tmobile, verizon, sprint, and AT&T. Unfortantly att will be the only left on the 3G network. Others be on 4g.

Also the hardware switches will be removed except a touch switch for the power.

Will have two cameras. Front be a 5mp camera. Back facing is 12mp.

Release date is April 7th, 2011

Most reactions

Latest posts